Basil & Italian Parsley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the parsely you can make this pizza/bread thing my mum makes, it tastes YUMMMM she chops the parsley and garlic and mixes it in with her pizza dough...cooks it like a pizza but with no topping..i think she sprinkles salt and olive oil on top while its cooking too. it is SO good!

Rom said:
With the parsely you can make this pizza/bread thing my mum makes, it tastes YUMMMM she chops the parsley and garlic and mixes it in with her pizza dough...cooks it like a pizza but with no topping..i think she sprinkles salt and olive oil on top while its cooking too. it is SO good!

Sometimes the simpler the dish the better it is. I am a purist when it comes to pizza. Pepperoni and that's it. No ham, mushrooms, sausage, green peppers, olives, etc. And what's with pineapple on pizza? Aaaaccckkk. Your pizza sounds like something I would love.

Rom - what your mom makes sounds very very much like "foccacia". Your description of it as an herb, garlic, & olive oil "pizza" without the topping is pretty spot-on.

And you're right - foccacia is delicious & lends itself to a lot of variety. My favorite is like your mother's, except with the addition of chopped pitted kalamata olives mixed into the dough as well.

DramaQueen, try it, try it....tel me when..i will come and eat it with u LOL

BreezyCooking..hmm not really focaccia as it is much thinner and harderish, bit chewy if u like, if u saw it you wouldn't think focaccia but i know i exactly what you're talking about (i'm not the greatest focaccia fan). BUT it tastes so much better than focaccia mmmmm LOL. Eat it hot cold whatever! just eat it lol

You could also try making chutney with parsley. We usually have this as a dip or spread it over a slice of bread.

Wash 1 bunch of parsley leaves and chop them. Chop green chilies (5-6 or according to the spice you want). Grind together coriander leaves, chilies, salt and cumin seeds and little water (to make the grinding easier) into a fine paste. This is a basic resipe. You could add the following to it:
1. roasted ground peanuts
2. lemon juice, garlic cloves
3. Fresh grated coconut

4. mint leaves

Back
Top Bottom