Beef fat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Now that I grind my own meat, I have lots of fat leftover, I cook the fat, let it cool, put it in flat container for freezing for the birds as suet.

I render mine also, but use it to do Chips, roast potatoes, or Yorkshire puddings with :)

Now that I grind my own meat, I have lots of fat leftover, I cook the fat, let it cool, put it in flat container for freezing for the birds as suet.

I like to take the extra beef fat, freeze it in 1 lb packages (vac'ed is best) and use it in lean hamburg or sausage. Occasionally you will get a hunk of meat to grind (sirloin tip, for example) that just doesn't have enough fat for my tastes.

I like to take the extra beef fat, freeze it in 1 lb packages (vac'ed is best) and use it in lean hamburg or sausage. Occasionally you will get a hunk of meat to grind (sirloin tip, for example) that just doesn't have enough fat for my tastes.

I don't know why I didn't think of that :rolleyes: . I will save some for that purpose.

I render mine also, but use it to do Chips, roast potatoes, or Yorkshire puddings with :)

good idea , will have to save some for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom