Best Oatmeal Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookhead

Assistant Cook
I always have to have my oatmeal in the morning, but I'm getting bored of preparing it the same way.

I do prefer to use skim milk as I never liked the way it comes out with water, and then I throw in some natural chunky peanut butter, almonds and about a teaspoon of brown sugar.

Do you guys have any amazing oatmeal recipes that you can share?

I love oatmeal! this is very good!

I serve it of much ways. I like to cut up of fruits in it, and little Anna likes of grape jelly stirred into it. One can also season it of cinnamon and brown sugar and add to it raisins and Grape Nuts of the cereal, yes?

Mamma always says, "No bland stuff of oatmeal has to go without flavors." She is so correct! Ha!

Love,
~Cat

Here's my favorite oatmeal recipe using coconut milk

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup real butter
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
Mix all ingredients together and pour into 13 x 9 inch buttered pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

I like to vary how I eat my porridge. Sometimes I add raisins (cooked in with it - they become plump) and, just before serving, sunflower seeds and dessicated coconut.

Occasionally I add cocoa powder and have chocolate porridge! Toasted hazelnuts go well with this with a little cream.

I make this in the Zoji rice cooker.

1-1/2 cups steel cut oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3-1/2 cups whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup raisins

Mix everything except the raisins in the rice cooker, cook on the porridge cycle. Sprinkle with raisins when done, and optionally sliced bananas.

It has to be genuine, free range, organic, cage free, gluten free, non-fat, no salt added, non-GMO, unadulterated maple syrup made from wild New England maple trees.

I make this in the Zoji rice cooker.

1-1/2 cups steel cut oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3-1/2 cups whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup raisins

Mix everything except the raisins in the rice cooker, cook on the porridge cycle. Sprinkle with raisins when done, and optionally sliced bananas.

It has to be genuine, free range, organic, cage free, gluten free, non-fat, no salt added, non-GMO, unadulterated maple syrup made from wild New England maple trees.

That's genius! I have never thought of using the rice cooker to make oatmeal!

I will definitely try that next time.

I had forgotten to mention that I do add bananas as well.

As a child I used to have old fashion oatmeal almost every morning. Today, I have tried it a couple of times and can't get it down. Too bad. It is so good for me. So that canister of oatmeal in my cabinet is for oatmeal with raisins cookies. A favorite of my daughter's. Or for the recipe for meatloaf.

That one way of getting it into me. :angel:

Ever try halva? It's like a paste which melts right into the milk for an extra creamier flavor. Protein powder works also if you're into that

Back
Top Bottom