Blintzes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmo

Assistant Cook
Hi. This may seem like a strange request, but please could someone tell me how to pronounce blintzes. (if you type the word phonetically that will help me greatly!) thanks
I am researching the difference between blinis and blintzes.

It's pronounced like its spelled I guess. Think of it like the way you would normally pronounce the word blitz (but with an n in it) so blintz for one and add "es" for several pronounce the "es" as you would the word "is" at the end. Does this help?

Siegal said:
It's pronounced like its spelled I guess. Think of it like the way you would normally pronounce the word blitz (but with an n in it) so blintz for one and add "es" for several pronounce the "es" as you would the word "is" at the end. Does this help?

Thanks for replying Siegal. Yes it does make sense, but just feels weird ..an awkward pronounciation! :). Thanks again.

Here, try this one.

Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary

You'll have to type in "blintz" and search, but there are two small flags on the upper left, under the header.

If you click on the American flag, you'll hear the American pronunciation, likewise, the British flag will sound their pronunciation

HTH

Thanks Zhizara - I've bookmarked The Free Dictionary - it's great. And now I can pronounce blintzes properly! :)

kimmo said:
Ooh I've never tried potato blintzes...I will have to give them a try sometime.

Mmmm potato are my fav. I like the savory ones. Worked out well as my family always ate the cheese or blueberry and left me with potato

Back
Top Bottom