Bread Machine Mishap, Any Fixes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FruitSnackPack

Assistant Cook
I started a French bread loaf in my West Bend Hi-Rise Breadmaker for 3 and a half hours. It's an hour in when I notice one of the knead blades didn't budge an inch, so one side is bread powder and the other is a doughy paste. Most of the ingredients (sugar, salt, yeast) is, I think, in the paste, so it may turn out to be a workable half-sized loaf. However, is there any way to get the whole loaf back? Can I just restart the machine? I don't mind waiting another hour. Thank you.

I'm not sure restarting the machine would work, if the blade/paddle wasn't working before, would it work a second time? Are the blades independent of each other? My bread machine paddle has two "blades" but they are not independent of each other, so if it doesn't turn, nothing mixes. At any rate I might dump it all out on a lightly floured board and knead it by hand.

I'm not sure restarting the machine would work, if the blade/paddle wasn't working before, would it work a second time? Are the blades independent of each other? My bread machine paddle has two "blades" but they are not independent of each other, so if it doesn't turn, nothing mixes. At any rate I might dump it all out on a lightly floured board and knead it by hand.
I was thinking the same.

Back
Top Bottom