Bread question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Am I cheating?

Ok, my mother and step father purchased a bread machine for me about 2 weeks ago , and I bought High gluten bread flour from Gorden's food service.

And I'm going to be making my first loaf of Fanchette bread here in an hour, Would this be cheating, since I'm not mixing my dough or kneading it?

no! Not cheating. Have fun!
(cheating is buying a loaf at a bakery and passing it off as your own)

no! Not cheating. Have fun!
(cheating is buying a loaf at a bakery and passing it off as your own)
Thank you very much for the answer Waygal.

I just wanted to make sure!

And I will have lot's of fun, this thing can make pizza dough, sour dough, "I supply the mother of coarse", It can make bread sticks, and lots of other stuff.

I know, I have one. What I am saying is that there is no real difference between using a KA and then transfering to a pan to bake and using a bread machine. They are both modern convenience.

If you really want to go low tech, go out in the yard and start mixing clay and rocks to make your clay oven.

I know, I have one. What I am saying is that there is no real difference between using a KA and then transfering to a pan to bake and using a bread machine. They are both modern convenience.

If you really want to go low tech, go out in the yard and start mixing clay and rocks to make your clay oven.
No thanks, Maybe if we have a massive power outage that lasts years, then I'll think about it.

I baked my first loaf last night, The loaf tasted very good and it actually tasted like french bread.

Now I got to make a new mother for the sour dough recipe they have!

i usually get into the dough up to my elbows because i put to many grain flours into it for my kitchen ais to handle. :LOL:

the smell of the dough baking is what makes it worth doing it homemade whether by hand, bread maker or stand mixer!!

Back
Top Bottom