Broccoli and cheese question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good thing you said something, Breezy, I would have looked for the blocks in a refrigerated case.
Hermetically sealed......? Isn't that from Johnny Carson's routine? (lol)

Well, let me put it this way. Four out of five supermarkets around here do not have block Velveeta refrigerated. One does (Safeway, I believe).

So I guess I depends on your market.

As far as hermetically sealed - works for me. . . . ;)

Well - it appears I am behind on the times ... I have never seen Velveeta slices. I'll have to look and see if I can find them tomorrow. :blush:

Michael - as much as I love "natural" cheeses, those Velveeta slices do make a wonderful quick impromptu grilled cheese or tuna melt sandwich!! :)

Who said I didn't use American cheese slices or Velveeta (which is another American processed cheese)? Velveeta and a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with chilies, with a nob of butter and a splash of cream, makes a great queso dip - it doesn't seperate or get grainey. And the cheese slices - yep, can't beat the convenience.

I just hadn't seen the Velveeta slices ...

Sorry Michael - I didn't mean to infer that about you at all. I was saying that I, myself, prefer natural cheeses to processed in most cases, but that processed is the cat's meow for me in quite a few. Forgive me. :)

Well - I had goofed up so badly by not knowing about Velveeta slices that I couldn't wait until tomorrow - I went tonight (Walmart).

Now I know why although I probably have seen them they just didn't register ... when I'm looking at the individually wrapped cheese slices in that area of the store I'm looking at unit prices ... price per oz ... since Velveeta was the most expensive it's no wonder I didn't bother to see what brand it was! (humm ... which is the smiley for cheap old guy?)

I did finally find the boxed Velveeta on the shelves - down by the pasta, with the canned parm/romano and jars of Cheez Whiz. I don't remember Velveeta being that expensive!

When I'm wrong - I'm not afraid to admit it. I hate it - but I do it. :mad:

And speaking of Velveeta - they used to make a kickass "hot" Mexican style with bits of Jalapeno pepper in it. It was terrific.

They still make "Mexican" style Velveeta, but in "mild" only. I guess the "hot" didn't sell enough to continue with, but I do miss it.

Back
Top Bottom