Bubble tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I want to buy the ingredients to make my own. Whats a good website for the straws, tapioca, and syrups? Reputable - and any suggestions on what to buy or some good recipes?

If you don't have a local supply for syrups, check Amazon. They have DiVinci, Torani, Monin and others. They've also got straws and pearls.

Never heard of Bubble Tea. Yes...I do live under a rock at times. Must google this one.

Hi, Siegal, I love bubble tea. I got most of my start-up supplies from Neptune Ice. The site mainly deals with people who wish to start their own bubble tea business, but they also have supplies for those at home who wish to make bubble tea.

I got a sampler package when I bought from them. Personally, I love the black pearl tapioca. (MostlyWater, bubble tea uses pearl tapioca, not regular tapioca. You can find the white pearl tapioca more easily than the black pearl variety, but neither are really common around here at the grocery stores.)

Though it is a powder, I absolutely love their honeydew bubble tea. It was delicious. I will say that I have tried several recipes to make the tapioca in advance, but none have been great - so I make it as needed. If you find one that allows the pearl tapioca to keep well, be sure to share it!

Here is an older link that gives more information about bubble teas.

Here is my first attempt of making bubble tea! Here are recipes from the site.

Attachments

• Bubble Tea.jpg
    Bubble Tea.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Oooh Kathleen that looks great? Is it honeydew flavor?
I bought the large tapioca pearls at an Asian market but they are just plain not the black ones which evidently are black
Bc they have yummy brown sugar in them.

I made iced black tea with a drop of cream and some passion fruit syrup last week it was good but still not like when I buy them! Probably a lot more cream sugar and condensed milk then I put!
I am gonna check out the website as I need the straws- really no fun without the straws

Last edited:
Yes, that is the honeydew powder. It was wonderful. They have good prices on the straws. Also, do check out the recipes. Lots of good ideas there.

Adaptogenic tea is a herbal blend made up of ingredients such as chaga, reishi, ashwagandha, and others that provide an array of health benefits. This type of tea is known to help reduce stress, boost immunity and energy levels, improve cognitive function, and even help treat certain health conditions like depression and anxiety. It also contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made a few different Adaptogenic drinks ( with some of the above mentioned ingredients). I learned them from a chef who is very holistic and in tune with his body. I can't vouch for the health benefits but they tasted good. He's a yoga instructor as well, and drinks them after every yoga session he does.

Back
Top Bottom