Butchers/Butcher sites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lubos

Assistant Cook
I live near Washington D.C. and would like to get some "off the beaten path" meat products. More specifically, some pork belly to make my own bacon, tripes and intestines. Anybody knows if there are any real butcher shops in the area that carry this sort of stuff? Alternatively, can somebody recommend some websites where I could get some pork belly? (I know of sites selling intestines). I used to live in California and the Vallarta grocery chain had a great meat section, with parts of cows hanging from meat hooks. But I haven't found anything like that out here - the meat section in my local grocery store is little more than few rows of beautifully shrink wrapped T-bone steaks and pork chops.

Eastern Market Capitol Hill

Wagshal's on Mass Ave in DC

Summerfiled Farms (in the Blue Ridge area but worth the time)

Balducci's in Falls Church is a good possibility. It's a grocery store, not a butcher shop, but I've had good luck with their meat dept.

Do you know some butcher place or site here in Salt Lake City? I am looking for some pork belly but they don't sell it here in the market so I need a butcher or some place where I could get them...

Sniders is one of the better ones. 6245 South Highland Drive.

Also many of the ethnic grocers can supply such things. Tenochtitlan, Super China Market, Tay Do, Southeast Asian Market....

Do you have a Shoppers near you? I saw Chelating, and tripe at the store in Crofton Md yesterday. Have you looked in Whole Foods or Trader Joe's? There is suppose to be large a large Whole Foods and Trader Joe's somewheres in Falls Church. Good Luck

Thanks guys! I will check out Eastern Market - never been there all these years living near D.C. I used to shop in Shoppers in Sterling, I think there is one somewhere closer to WFC as well. But I don't remember there being that large of a meat section, but I could be mistaken. The Giant near my house has tripes - as I discovered just yesterday. Neat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom