Butterscotch chips? Ideas besides cookies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I am not sure what possessed me to buy them.... I'm sure I had a reason....just don't remember. Any ideas besides cookies?

Last edited:
I would use them to make Haystacks. A candy/cookie made with chow mein noodles. The internet has several variations. They are cute for Easter if you form them like bird nests and put three small jelly beans in the center.

You can make delicious butterscotch fudge with them.

One can Sweetened Condensed Milk mixed with 3 cups of butterscotch chips melted together in a microwave. Add in 1 tsp. vanilla and stir till smooth. Pour into a foil lined pan and refrigerate several hours. Lift out fudge and cut into squares.
Perfect every time.

Great on oatmeal, great in parfaits, great on ice cream. Vanilla pudding, sliced banana, and the chips=NOM NOM NOM.

Depending on the fat content, might be good for a butterscotch ganache, for cakes, or making truffles.

Mix into your morning coffee, instead of sugar(if you drink coffee).

Anyplace you would use chocolate chips, you could use these, I would think.

You can make delicious butterscotch fudge with them.

One can Sweetened Condensed Milk mixed with 3 cups of butterscotch chips melted together in a microwave. Add in 1 tsp. vanilla and stir till smooth. Pour into a foil lined pan and refrigerate several hours. Lift out fudge and cut into squares.
Perfect every time.

Oh, nice! I like it! Thanks!

I made butterscotch sauce for an angel food cake. Sauce good! Cake bad.....
:(

Oh, nice! I like it! Thanks!

You're welcome TATT. Obviously that recipe will work for any chips or a combination of any flavor chips such as chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. For chocolate mocha fudge, I add a tablespoon of instant coffee granules to the melting mixture. For white chocolate fudge I add dried cranberries at Christmas time.

Back
Top Bottom