Can left over Stuffed mushrooms be frozen and reheated successfully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
there was a really good deal on stuffing mushrooms so I bought 2 packages just to realize that it is very unlikely that Ill be able to polish them all off.

It will be a bread crumb based stuffing which usually is a stuffing like consistency but the top crisps up after it is heated.

I honestly dont care if after being reheated if it doesn't crust up ( although I could add a layer to breadcrumbs or panko on top last minute to give it the crunch factor. Just want to make sure it wont be a complete disaster ?

I've done frozen stuffed mushrooms many times.... I take out 4 or 6 and bake them off in my Toaster Oven for a snack. or when someone drops over in the late afternoon and we have a glass of wine.

Yummy, :pig: so my favourite is a spicy sausage mixture :pig: and then there's the creme cheese and garlic one :pig: and then there's the.... :pig: and the list goes on!

Freeze away!

I do freeze mushrooms commonly, it's working fine with no major problems.

But truth to be told, sometimes they become kind of soggy and don't hold the shape as good anymore. So they do lose some of their qualities, when frozen.

there was a really good deal on stuffing mushrooms so I bought 2 packages just to realize that it is very unlikely that Ill be able to polish them all off.

It will be a bread crumb based stuffing which usually is a stuffing like consistency but the top crisps up after it is heated.

I honestly dont care if after being reheated if it doesn't crust up ( although I could add a layer to breadcrumbs or panko on top last minute to give it the crunch factor. Just want to make sure it wont be a complete disaster ?

The answer is Yes !!

I was a cleaning out my freezer to make room for all the tomato pureed, sauce .. Ill be storing, and came across the single stuffed mushroom from April ( which I forgot about and worked its way down to the bottom of the freezer), that started this whole thread.

I defrosted it and gave it the taste test, and it was fine. Actually a little firmer , almost as if the mushroom condensed a bit, but tasted perfect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 9.26.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 9.26.32 PM.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 59
That's great news, Larry!

I didn't realize til I saw your pic that it was a large portobello cap. That's even better. I often see them sold 3 or 4 to the package which were always too many for me. Now it won't be too many... :pig: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom