Can milk be frozen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1, same here.
Do not know about coconut milk, but do freeze regular milk on occasion.
I'd try it once. What have you got to lose? It's either will go bad sitting in the fridge, or you will freeze and it might be ok. One thing for sure, when you take out of freezer and defrost (in refrigerator) shake vigorously.

You can freeze coconut milk. I suggest you put your leftover milk into ice cube tray(s) and freeze. Once completely frozen, quickly put the cubes into zipper type freezer bags. You may see a change in texture when it's thawed, but it will be fine.

I usually use the entire can as an ingredient unless I plan to use the rest within a couple of days. For smaller amounts of coconut milk as an ingredient, I use part of a block of creamed coconut and add an appropriate amount of liquid. Sometimes, I just grate some into the dish while I'm cooking it. There are usually conversion instructions on the box. The creamed coconut will last for months in the fridge. It's usually a fair bit cheaper than coconut milk. It doesn't need to be refrigerated until it is opened. It might melt in warm weather, but that's okay.

Back
Top Bottom