Candy Canes - What now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
I have lots of left over candy canes and need some ideas about how to use them up. Most dessert recipes call for one or two chopped up. I have about 60 full sized candy canes to use up. Any ideas?

We are having a new years eve party and so there is a small window of opportunity soon.

So far I have planned:
Peppermint meringues - 2 canes
Chocolate cake with candy cane sprinkles in the icing - 1 cane

60 canes - 3 canes = waaaay to many left.

Any ideas?

Peppermint vodka. Just stick a bunch of crushed up canes into a bottle of vodka, cap, shake every once in a while, let steep.

Chocolate peppermint fudge.

Use as stir sticks in hot chocolate.

Last edited:
Crushed and sprinkled on whipped cream in hot cocoa. You could add some peppermint schnapps for a boozy hot drink. :) Use them whole as stirrers. Looks festive!

lol...posting the same time as you, Dawg....

Last edited:
Swizzle sticks is my first choice!

Crushed over vanilla ice cream would be my second.

A cheap Valentines day gift! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

images

And then there is this. I do about fifty of these each year and give them to the church for the Christmas Party for the Children. Each kid gets to pick one each off the tree with their present. This has been my ninth year doing this. Two years ago one of the residents asked me if I would show her how to make them. Sure. Since then last and this year she joined me to help me.

http://www.momontimeout.com/2012/12/candy-cane-reindeer/ :angel:

One of the charities we always give to in Mexico loves candy canes. They prefer the little ones though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom