Catfish nuggets - casserole?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Catfish? Casserole? Although both words begin with the letter "C," that's the only thing they have in common and should never be used in the same sentence, or anything else!

Put Tilapia in a casserole if you must. It's a trash fish that has no flavor of its own. But to mask the flavor of a nice piece of delicate and tasty catfish with cheese, curry or some other glop would be a crime! :ohmy: :yuk: :unhappy:

...in my opinion. :ermm:

A "nugget" is a term for catfish belly...Sold in it's raw state everywhere here. ~~ It's basically inexpensive...Has a different texture when cooked and is No where as desirable as the catfish filet.......

No, the nuggets I buy have not been fried--they are pieces of belly meat, instead of filets. They are good, as long as you check carefully for bits of bone or fin.

I generally do fry them, however. Somehow a fish casserole just doesn't ring any bells for me.

The idea of making a dish like that turns my belly. As the idea of doing anything with Tilapia since most of it comes from China and you don't want to know more than that.

The idea of making a dish like that turns my belly. As the idea of doing anything with Tilapia since most of it comes from China and you don't want to know more than that.

Actually, most of tilapia does not come from China. More than 80% is farmed right here in the U.S. southwest and south. The rest comes from Thailand.

cat fish nuggets

ok give me a few ideas for recpies something diffrent then just fryed plain ol nuggets a nice meal idea with bout 3 lbs of catfish nuggets;)

I generally do fry them, however. Somehow a fish casserole just doesn't ring any bells for me.

Not a fan of the tuna noodle casserole?

I don't have any recipes for a catfish (nugget or otherwise) casserole, but you might be able to adopt something like a tuna casserole.

Be creative and enjoy yourself. If you make something you like then let us know, if it turns out not as well as you hoped, well.. let us know. Usually we try and help tweak something you already have if you aren't satisfied with it.

I just can't imagine catfish in a casserole.

For something different, how about making a catfish chowder?

Fry the nuggets in a spicy breading, and use in a Po Boy sandwich!
They are great in en papillote (spelling?) pouch meals....
Use for fish balls, Thai/Vietnamese fish cakes...

Okay folks, a new member asked a serious question of us. Although everyone might not like the idea of a catfish nugget casserole, let's try and be supportive here and give him some other suggestions recipes using catfish nuggets as he asked.

Point taken, Dave. Given that I have no experience with catfish nuggets, I can't offer any advice. But, I'm guessing that the advice to adjust a tuna casserole recipe might work. Or, maybe the link I posted for tuna muffins Cheesy Tuna Rice Muffins Recipe
could be adapted. Don't know, never had catfish nuggets and don't think I will ever try it. <g>. I would expect a similar response if I asked for help with lutefisk <g>.

Back
Top Bottom