Chicken Broth Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisagail5

Assistant Cook
I have a soup recipe that calls for four 14 1/2 ounce cans of chicken broth. I use Wegmans chicken broth in a container because it is low in sodium, and I have high blood pressure.

One container of Wegmans chicken broth is four servings. How many containers of this should I use in my soup?

I have a soup recipe that calls for four 14 1/2 ounce cans of chicken broth. I use Wegmans chicken broth in a container because it is low in sodium, and I have high blood pressure.

One container of Wegmans chicken broth is four servings. How many containers of this should I use in my soup?

Four 14½ ounce cans = 58 fluid ounces. That's 7¼ cups. If the boxes are 32 ounces each, you'll need 2.

The box is 32 ounces. I thought I would need 2 boxes just wanted to be sure. I am really enjoying this forum and appreciate the answers to my questions. You are all awesome.

I would urge you to make your own broth at home. Your home brew will have even less sodium. Its is easy and make the house smell soo good while its simmering. But the main thing is its healthier.

Chief's Chicken Broth

Ingredients
1 chicken carcass from roasted chicken, Or, 4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
1 lb chicken wings
1 stalk celery, cutninto1 inch chunks
1 washed carrot cut into 1 inch chunks
1/2 onion
1/4 lb. chicken feet (if available)
4 leaves fresh sage
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. butter
4 cups water

Heat oil and butter in large dutch oven over medium heat. Crack leg bones with a heavy knife, or cleaver. Add chicken parts , except for the chicken feet, and brown. remove the chicken from the pot. Add sage leaves ant cook in the rendered chicken fat for 3 minutes. Place all ingredients back into the pot, along with the water. Bring to a low boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for two hours.

Strain the broth through a wire mesh sieve. Add water to make a quart if brith. Season with salt, and pepper to taste. Use the chicken meat either in soup, pot pie, or chicken salad.

the bones, skin, and chicken feet, as well as the chicken cartilage will add collagen to the broth, adding nutritional value, and great texture.

Place the broth into the fridge overnight. The fat will rise to the top and harden, and is easily removed. The broth will have gelled, letting yo0u know that this is a rich, and nutritious broth. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

It's been a long time but according to my calculations, you will need four containers of broth. Each container equals one serving, so four containers should be sufficient for your soup recipe. I don't have a blood pressure problem, so I'm not as strict about the amount of sodium in my diet. I prefer to use organic chicken bone broth because it is made from organically raised chickens, and I appreciate its rich flavor and aroma.

It's been a long time but according to my calculations, you will need four containers of broth. Each container equals one serving, so four containers should be sufficient for your soup recipe. I don't have a blood pressure problem, so I'm not as strict about the amount of sodium in my diet. I prefer to use organic chicken bone broth because it is made from organically raised chickens, and I appreciate its rich flavor and aroma.
Also, organic products align with my healthy lifestyle values. But everyone has different preferences and needs, so choosing what is right for you is essential.

All of the chickens I know swear by this inexpensive vegetable based broth. 🤭

I found the original recipe in an old copy of Laurel's Kitchen and have modified it to suit my own tastes, I encourage you to do the same.

Golden Broth

1 medium onion roughly chopped
1 fat clove of garlic chopped
1T oil
1/4 cup yellow or green split peas
1/4 t turmeric
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1 T apple cider vinegar
S&P to taste.
1 quart water

Slowly saute the chopped onion and garlic in oil until it begins to take on color, add the split peas, spices and water, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the peas are tender, puree with an immersion blender or conventional blender.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom