Cilantro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cilantro chimichurri for steaks. It is also great in almost anything Mexican like burritos and things like that. Great in beans. Works well in soups like chicken lime and cilantro soup. Awesome in lots of Thai dishes.

Could you split the plant and give the other half to a friend?

I LOOOOOVE cilantro! :mrgreen: You can use it in sandwiches. I use it in them all the time. It goes very well with wasabi mayonaise.
1.gif

Deadly Sushi reminded me ... it's also great in tuna salad with or without a little wasabi paste.

If you want an interesting spin on some yummy chicken tacos, they call for some cilantro. This is my favorite dish from a mexican restaraunt I used to work at. They would grill some chicken breast, dunno what the seasonings were, so do it to taste I guess, and cut it into 1 - 1 1/2 inch long strips. That would go onto a flour tortilla that had chihuahua cheese melted onto it. Then on top of that was the following: Red Onions, Red and Yellow peppers, and gobs of finely chopped cilantro, all soaked in lime juice. They would have this mixture chilled, and put it onto the hot taco, and then add a small slice of avocado. Along salsa lines though, you could use it in pico de gallo, everyone loves that. Or if you're in a summer-y mood, you can make some watermelon salsa. Has anyone else ever had watermelon salsa? I've only had my dad's, which he created, but now that I think of it, I don't ever recall seeing it anywhere else, or knowing anyone who had a watermelon salsa other than my dad's.... I'll see if I can pry some ingredients out of him. but he doesn't write his recipes down, so it may be difficult.

College, would you mind posting that amazing sounding recipe into the chicken category?
I think people need to see that one!

Back
Top Bottom