Clean a Scorched Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know how old this is, but I just saw it on Facebook and thought I'd share it here. I've not tried it myself, so I can't verify it's true effectiveness.

How to clean a burned on mess from a stainless pan without scrubbing:

Somebody has posted about this method, using either the sheets or liquid fabric softener before. It sort of works on stuck on food at least, haven't scorched a pan since I read about this method, but then again it could just be the long soak softening up the stuck on food. There's still going to be a certain amount of scrubbing though. We've tried it with Downy several times and it never all comes off.

the internet has tons of ways to resurrect a scorched pan depending on what type it is.....two of them have worked for me but it does depend on what type of pan was scorched.......just google, example :" way to remove scorched marks from aluminum pan" etc., and you will get all kinds of great tips.........you will be amazed

the internet has tons of ways to resurrect a scorched pan depending on what type it is.....two of them have worked for me but it does depend on what type of pan was scorched.......just google, example :" way to remove scorched marks from aluminum pan" etc., and you will get all kinds of great tips.........you will be amazed

Is something missing here? Like did you have links to some pages?

I know one thing boiling baking soda works for me, but it too takes more than one time sometimes.

Is something missing here? Like did you have links to some pages?

I know one thing boiling baking soda works for me, but it too takes more than one time sometimes.

For me, Charlie, it's the type of pan that is scorched that has a recipe that works best.....so for links I just Google the type of pan and say "removing scorch marks"......I've never been disappointed......I'm sorry .......the links come up when you google......and trust me I have scorched everything: my aluminum and stainless steel pans have been saved by Google......:) and yes, I've tried the baking soda and water routine as well.......

I usually use the baking soda method. Only because I forget the dryer sheets one. Baking soda is less expensive though than the dryer sheets. So from here on, if the baking soda doesn't work, I will then turn to the sheets. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom