Cleaning a white plastic dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybee

Senior Cook
I have a white plastic dish I think is supposed to be used for pancake batter that has measurement markings on its side and a spoute. We use this dish to eat popcorn and it has gotten a yellow circle around the inside of its wide bottom. Nothing will take this buttery stain away. How to get rid of this stain?

Have you tried a bleach solution...when Dh and I got together he had these one litre plastic Pepsi cups that he used for iced tea. The stains were well, stains.....one day I thru them in the sink with a bleach solution and he almost fell over....."How'd you get them out...I've tried everything!!!" Try it and see.

Oh yes and crewsk....Bleach is definately the answer.....lol....I need bleach in my house cuz it works on everything...after a while my plates get darker in color as well and I just bleach em....cutlery too....

It's also great for your artificial plants! Just dump them in a solution of bleach and hot water for 2-3 minutes and they're like new! I thought my white roses were a cream color until I tried this and, now, they're as white as snow!

You can also try using one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Just wash it well after. I swear by them--they will clean absolutely anything. Marks on the wall, tire rims, heel marks on flooring, patio furniture. I could go on and on--I'm hooked on them!:rolleyes:

PA Baker said:
You can also try using one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Just wash it well after. I swear by them--they will clean absolutely anything. Marks on the wall, tire rims, heel marks on flooring, patio furniture. I could go on and on--I'm hooked on them!:rolleyes:

I'm glad you said that! I have black marks on the walls on each side of the stairs from a certain little boy & his friends pushing a rather large dump truck down stairs Saturday night.:rolleyes:

Crewsk, they're the most amazing things! Don't use them on wallpaper, but other than that I haven't found anything they don't work on! (If your walls are painted just test in a tiny spot first, but I've never had trouble on any of our paint).

I now buy them in the big boxes at Costco! :)

I've used them on our walls before but had for some reason forgotten about having them. When we moved in, there was some sort of sticky stuff on the counters, like from stickers of something, nothing would take it off. I finally used a Magic Eraser on it & it took it all off in no time!

I was going to suggest a bleach and water solution as well. I like the idea of the Mr. Clean magic eraser though, never tried it. Wonder if that would work on grass stained white sneakers..hmmmm, have to try that.

Depending on what you use them on, some last longer than others. If you use them on a rough material they'll sort of fray or shred, but if you work from one end of the sponge to the other you can get good mileage out of them.

Some plastics are such close cousins to fats chemically that they produce a chemical bond that nothing will break - like white plastics that "stain", and colored "Tupperware" that always looks "greasy" inside no matter how much you scrub them.

Back
Top Bottom