Clear Shortening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docbrown

Assistant Cook
started working in a kitchen at an assisted living facility and the cooks use big jugs of something called Kitchen Essentials clear liquid shortening from Gordon's food company and there's no hydrogenated oil in it and no trans fat zero grams. but could this shortening contain hydrogenated oil or trans fat even though it says it doesn't have any of it in it? I looked at the nutrition label on the back and said 0g trans fat no hydrogenated oil it's only made with soybean oil.

Welcome to the forum, doc!

I remember many years ago seeing this "liquid shortening" in a restaurant, but then in was slightly hydrogenated, just enough to make it store for longer, and they could use it longer, in deep fryers. They must do something else with it now, to achieve this same thing. They also make a solid shortening with 0 trans fat, and no hydrogenation, so that must be the same treatment.

Welcome to the forum, doc!

I remember many years ago seeing this "liquid shortening" in a restaurant, but then in was slightly hydrogenated, just enough to make it store for longer, and they could use it longer, in deep fryers. They must do something else with it now, to achieve this same thing. They also make a solid shortening with 0 trans fat, and no hydrogenation, so that must be the same treatment.
Oh. So there really isn't any hydrogenated oils?In the ingredients its just Soybean oil and no hydrogenated oil or trans fats..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom