Comfort Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ultimate comfort food is a cup of tea with a cinnamon oat raisin cookie! Nothing makes you feel better quite like that :)

But in terms of proper comfort food: chicken and mushroom pie (but with a sweet potato mash topping - personally) roast dinners or chili.

hot cream of wheat with browned butter and brown sugar or apricot preserves. soft boiled egg topped with sweet butter, spooned straight from its shell. kahlua (and sometimes cream) stirred into my steaming hot brewed coffee.

Grandma's recipe for potato soup. Cures anything! :)

Unless I need comfort from something that happened at work, then I just want drinks and desserts because desserts is "stressed" spelled backwards. Coincidence? I think not. :LOL:

My very favorite is homemade ravioli and gravy, then comes pesto and angel hair, fresh Italian bread and butter, roast beef and garlic mashed potatoes with gravy, liverwurst and either crackers or super fresh white bread with mayo..smooched down yum champagne oysters oh my lobster and warm butter. Will be having the oysters prawn cocktail and either a grilled artichoke or a Siscilian stuffed artichoke tomorrow at my fav place in Moss Landing. Phils yum yum, yum
kades

i get a "contact" comfort high just reading kades' food selections. today i'm having french onion soup complete with gooey cheese and buttery croutons.--i know, i know, it's not exactly soup weather, but my food cravings tend to have a mind of their own, and generally win out over logic... :)

Beef and onion pie smothered in gravy with skinny fries and fresh green salad. Always reminds me of going for lunch at the train station with my Gran :)

So many things that I consider comfort food were mentioned. Our son and our grandchildren were here a few days ago. I asked him if the kids liked homemade macaroni and cheese. He said he didn't think they'd ever had it. At home they get the stuff in a box. I made a big supply of it since much of our family were here. After we had all finished and were sitting around I noticed two of my grandchildren with a big dessert dish full of mac and cheese. I suppose that meant they liked it.

So many things that I consider comfort food were mentioned. Our son and our grandchildren were here a few days ago. I asked him if the kids liked homemade macaroni and cheese. He said he didn't think they'd ever had it. At home they get the stuff in a box. I made a big supply of it since much of our family were here. After we had all finished and were sitting around I noticed two of my grandchildren with a big dessert dish full of mac and cheese. I suppose that meant they liked it.

love it! kids, they are perfectly clear about their likes (and dislikes) - no question, no ambiguity.--nice testimonial to your mac and cheese! just love it!!:)

Beef and onion pie smothered in gravy with skinny fries and fresh green salad. Always reminds me of going for lunch at the train station with my Gran :)

What exactly are "Skinny Fries" and how are they made? I have an image of a very thinly cut "french fry" that is fried crisp perhaps...?

Sounds a bit odd but I usually make a bowl of noodle soup with lots of chilli. Otherwise it's biscuits- depends on the mood I guess.

Back
Top Bottom