Commercial Spray Oils Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I am almost down to my last bit of Pam Olive Oil spray. I've been OK with it, I guess. But does anyone have any preference in these products?

Puh-Leeze do not tell me to buy one of those pumps where you put in your own oil. Bought one about ten years ago and it was a pain.

So far the Pam Olive Oil has been the best that I've tried (and I've been trying since the concept was invented).

Pam is the best I have found, also.

Of course, I love MY Mr. Misto...<ducking and running>

Claire said:
I am almost down to my last bit of Pam Olive Oil spray. I've been OK with it, I guess. But does anyone have any preference in these products?

Puh-Leeze do not tell me to buy one of those pumps where you put in your own oil. Bought one about ten years ago and it was a pain.

So far the Pam Olive Oil has been the best that I've tried (and I've been trying since the concept was invented).

Agreed. I thought the oil pump was a pain too. Ended up in the garbage one time when it was all gummed up (again). I use Pam.

Agreed. I thought the oil pump was a pain too. Ended up in the garbage one time when it was all gummed up (again). I use Pam.

Gee, you made me feel like I'm NOT a moron. Every time I went to use it I had to pump it like I was camping and had to pump the Coleman stove or camper sink pump. It clogged. I was throwing away good olive oil every time I used it!

I bought another brand the last time, I think maybe Wesson, and didn't like it as much as the Pam, although I don't think it really tastes like EVOO.

Anyone like any of the butter flavors? So far, none hit me at all. I actually don't hate margarine, and I wish they'd stick to that rather than aim for butter! Haha! How about neutral?

Please remember that I live in a small town. My grocery stores are, quite literally, Wal-Mart, Piggly-Wiggly, and, if I drive for a half hour (not what some of you might be thinking, half-hour in truly country, in the winter), Hi-Vee (the best, but we only do it monthly or so, why bother, there isn't that much better!). So no fancy brands from gourmet places!

Last edited:
Tip for Pam spray users. That little black dot indicator of where the nozzle is supposed to be pointed wears off after awhile. I use a magic marker and make it obvious, all down the side there. I've never found out why the spray nozzle needs to be positioned to that marker.

Last edited:
I have Pam also. My house brand sits in the cabinet unloved and still clogged. The Joy that has the flour in it, just clogged up. Just couldn't seem to get it to work. That went into the waste basket. Went back to greasing and flouring cake pans the old fashion way. My biggerst problem with arthritic hands is getting that dang top off. I no longer place it back on once I am able to get it off. I have even gone to male neighbors to ask them to remove it for me. I will stay with Pam.

I have Pam also. My house brand sits in the cabinet unloved and still clogged. The Joy that has the flour in it, just clogged up. Just couldn't seem to get it to work. That went into the waste basket. Went back to greasing and flouring cake pans the old fashion way. My biggerst problem with arthritic hands is getting that dang top off. I no longer place it back on once I am able to get it off. I have even gone to male neighbors to ask them to remove it for me. I will stay with Pam.

You're not alone there, Addie. I throw away all the PITA caps too.

I use the Carlini too, and it works well.

I have some Crisco spray that I got on clearance and it my be my favorite, no cap to deal with and it sprays really well. But for the money, I keep going back to the carlini.

Im a PAM original use, well actually I use the store brand but it works just as well.

I think those spray bottles for oil are fine for what they are, delivering a small amount of oil. But I would never use it to lube baking dishes and the like.

The spray cans contain Lecithin to emulsify the oil and allow it to create a very thin layer on your cooking surface. So it is not the same thing as spraying your own oil at home.

I use a few drops of whatever oil or butter I want and spread it with one of these:

1235755238965.jpg

Mine is blue. I paid either $1 for one or $1.25 for two (can't remember) at Dollarama.

pam it is. i use both the butter and canola oil ones. cuts a lot of calories on my diet. i.e. i do an egg with it. coat bread for grilled sandwiches. i need all the help with calories that i can get.

I buy what's on sale. One time I got it at Trader Joe. I remember the qualilty was great.

I believe that a spray oil can be a good thing. I've tried PAM and it worked okay. I tried Trader Joe's olive oil and it worked just as good, and I like TJ's products.

I have no use for butter flavored sprays. IMO they're to fake butter flavor spraying on your vegetables. I have no problem with using real butter on my vegetables.

The only reason sprays are nice is because of convenience. IMO you're just as well off pouring a drab of EVOO in your skillet and moving it around with a bit of paper towel, but then you have wasted the towel. A can of EVOO will last me for ages.

I believe that a spray oil can be a good thing. I've tried PAM and it worked okay. I tried Trader Joe's olive oil and it worked just as good, and I like TJ's products.

I have no use for butter flavored sprays. IMO they're to fake butter flavor spraying on your vegetables. I have no problem with using real butter on my vegetables.

The only reason sprays are nice is because of convenience. IMO you're just as well off pouring a drab of EVOO in your skillet and moving it around with a bit of paper towel, but then you have wasted the towel. A can of EVOO will last me for ages.

That's why I use the silicone pastry brush, and it's washable and not absorbent.

Yeah but you have to wash the brush. A can of EVOO and you just pssttt and you're all done.

Actually I don't own any oil sprays at the moment. I'm currently living a minimalist life. A bit of EVOO and a paper towel works fine at the present.

Yeah but you have to wash the brush. A can of EVOO and you just pssttt and you're all done.

Actually I don't own any oil sprays at the moment. I'm currently living a minimalist life. A bit of EVOO and a paper towel works fine at the present.

One paper towel and a small covered container with some olive oil in the bottom. Towel out, swab pan, put towel back in container and seal. One paper towel can last you a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom