Cooking burgers on a skillet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been afraid to cook burgers on the stove, because we live in an apartment building with an uber-sensitive Fire Alarm system and I don't want to be the one to send people running down the stairs in our 25 floor building for nothing. :p

I've been using a roasting pan and the oven lately. It's probably not as tasty as it could be, but at least there's been no blaring alarms.

I've been a good boy and have stuck to my diet for 4 months now. This thread is killin me. I am a burgerfile. I love everything about burgers. I even get hungry watching crabby patties on Spongebob.

...I even get hungry watching crabby patties on Spongebob.

THAT'S your problem, Spongebob!

Switch to the Travel Channel and watch them eating termite poop or cockroach intestines or some other, equally appetizing, stuff that people in other countries hunt and we exterminate.

THAT'S your problem, Spongebob!

Switch to the Travel Channel and watch them eating termite poop or cockroach intestines or some other, equally appetizing, stuff that people in other countries hunt and we exterminate.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :ROFLMAO:

Oh I'm eating well. The whole house has changed the way we prepare food. Lots of veggies and whole grains. All in moderation as well, BUT, nothing beats a good burger.

We treat ourselves occationally. I think that soon I will be pushing for a burger feast.

So, our family recent purchased a cast iron skillet, and I'm loving it so far. I was just wondering how cooking burgers on it would be. Would it be better to just stick to a frying pan, or would it be better to use the skillet? Thanks in advance.

Cast Iron - For Sure!!

The only thing I DON'T use cast iron for is acids, like tomato sauces and citrus ... Yummy... burgers... I have to make some tomorrow just because I read your post! I can smell them now :rolleyes:

I lost my CI skillets in a divorce settlement years ago. There wasn't a custody battle in the courts but he did hide them and I was never able to find them. It worked out okay, because I kept his beloved furniture dolly that was worth a lot more :LOL::LOL:

I still haven't bought a new one for some strange reason. But at culinary school I fell in love with french steel and my DH (the good and forever one :)) bought me a set of two. I use them in the same way and you just have to be careful because they are thinner than CI but I love the burnt on flavours that come from burgers, bacon, etc.

I am still a fan of cast iron and will probably some day end up with it again.

Not just any cast iron. I use Lodge.

Last night I made some killer carne asada tacos (from some left over steaks) on my killer Lodge cast iron 15" pizza pan. Heating up the tortillas sharing the same grill while the meat is cooking picks up lots of flavor from the fatty grease.
According to family members my killer tacos cooked on my killer CI pan tastes so much better than tacos from our local taco trucks which are very good to begin with and are considered some of the best tacos in L.A.
Damn, I'm good.

Yes, we're talking serious tacos.
My taco: double tortilla, carne asada, onions, cilantro, salsa pico.
These are not your typical American tacos.
Also must have beer.

I think I need a larger teppan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom