Cooking Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slice it nice and thin, fry it nice and crisp and now the secret.........dump it in the garbage and order a large PIZZA!!!!

LOL! That's what I'd do too Icy. I
might even skip the slicing and frying part of the plan
and just chuck it in the trash.

Sorry Bang... I really dislike it.

Bang - try the 'rack of Spam' from the White Trash cookbook -

Put the Spam in a casserol dish, make slices down but not through the bottom - put slices of Velveeta into the slices - brush with ketchup or BBQ sauce, and bake at 375 til cheese is melted.

:chef:

spam -- hmmm childhood memory

We always had it as a camping staple when I was growing up.
We also camped alot. I haven't had it in years. I'll have to pick up a can and retry it. but this is how i remember having it,
1- cut into cubes and put in it scallop potatoes
2- slice it 1/4" thick slices and brown it on both sides -put it between slices of white bread with mustard.
3- cut into cubes and add it to mac and cheese
4- fried - replacement for breakfast ham

We like spam cut in cubes, fried onions, add to cooked macroni with velveeta cheese, milk. Also cut thin and fried with eggs. Don't have this often but good a few times a year. Always take a can of spam along camping. Good if ya don't catch any fish.

Ugh, we used to have this for school dinners when I was a kid - plastered in thick batter and deep fried. It was like eating a sponge filled with grease & salt. If I really HAD to eat it again, I think I would disguise it by mincing it up fine and adding it to ground beef or pork for meatballs....but I much prefer the 'throw it in the trash' recipe LOL!

Paint.

bknox said:
My favorite: Fried spam and fresh onion on toast.
Bryan

My mom gave us sliced spam,sliced bermuda onion and mustard on a hamburger bun when we were kids. Yummy!:)

My mom used to make this recipe when I was a kid.

Spam Divan Bake

1 lb. broccoli florets
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
1½ cups milk
1 – 12 oz. can Spam, sliced
4 cheese slices or 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling salted water. Melt butter. Blend together flour, onion powder, and dry mustard. Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stir until mixture thickens and boils. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Arrange broccoli in a single layer in buttered 12”x8” baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over broccoli. Overlap Spam slices over the broccoli. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Bake at 425º for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

Fried Spam with kimchee. Don't fry the kimchee just add it to the fried Spam.

Prefer the SpamLite to the regular stuff, but am a Spam fan.

bknox said:
Spam eggs and spam, spam and spam with ham, hash browns and spam and a side order of spam. I am pretty sure you have to serve this with a group of spam chanting Vikings.

My favorite: Fried spam and fresh onion on toast.
Bryan

You forgot spam spam spam, baked beans and spam. LOL, I loved that bit. Time to go get out the Holy Grail.

auntdot said:
Fried Spam with kimchee. Don't fry the kimchee just add it to the fried Spam.

Prefer the SpamLite to the regular stuff, but am a Spam fan.

That will work.:ROFLMAO: I am going to get some home made kimchee from my friends korean market monday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom