Cooking Challenge #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:chef:
I always put some in my bbq sauce.

Mince some onions (about 1 cup)
and some garlic ( about 6 cloves)
and saute in two or three tablespoons of olive oil
just until soft.

Add 4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce (or more if you want)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper ( more or less to taste)
salt and pepper to taste.

mix well and cook for 5 minutes or so.

All amounts are really up to you.
I make it differently every time I make it.:)

Everyone beat me to the obvious answers - but one of my favorite uses, you can't make it without it, is Steak Diane.

i put it in all kinds of stuff! like ironchef mentioned, bloody marys, and like elf mentioned, burgers. i put it in beef broth, on steak, in cheese sauce (surprisingly good!), over green beans, on deli roast beef, in french onion soup.....
i use a lot of worcestershire.

i use worcestershire sauce in many things.

how about making one of my favorite party appetizers, skinned cherry tomatoes, first marinated in vodka, then a mix of worcestershire sauce and fresh grated horseradish. like a bloody mary on a toothpick.

i put it in my turkey burgers, along with (per pound of ground turkey), 2 eggs, about a cup of finely diced onion, 2 tsps of rosemary, 2 tsps thyme, 2 tsps powdered garlic, and 2 tbsps evoo, s&p, and 2 slices of a nutty whole wheat bread torn into small chunks. then, the patties are rubbed with evoo, s&p, and some fine ground rosemary, and grilled over lump hardwood charcoal.

the latest thing i added it to was a beef stew. it gave a good saltiness and background flavor to go with the lemon juice and cherries i tossed in.

buckytom said:
how about making one of my favorite party appetizers, skinned cherry tomatoes, first marinated in vodka, then a mix of worcestershire sauce and fresh grated horseradish. like a bloody mary on a toothpick.
yummmmm!!!!!!!!
i make vodka cherries and used to make godiva chocolate cherries but hadn't thought to make vodka tomatoes!
thanks, bucky!

Oh, dear, the only thing not mentioned above that I can come up with is the original recipe for Caesar's salad had Worcestershire, believe it or not, rather than anchovies (the former contains the latter), or so I've been told. But hubby uses lots of it in his bloody marys and Caesars, and I agree, anything with ground beef.

And let's not forget the Chex Party Mix. But Lee & Perrins Worcestershire is the only brand I'll use.

It's also great when mixed with a bit of lime juice and peppers, then added to some left-over grilled steak. Serve with sliced avocadoes and tomato.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

On icecream!!! Only joking all the good ideas were taken. Oh I know what no one has said, on grilled cheese, it's gorgeous, or making welsh rarebit.

I add it to

savoury mince and onions - for cottage pies, etc
beef casseroles (even if I make a wine sauce)
Welsh rarebit mix
give soy sauce a 'kick' when I make a stir fry
Fried onions
Bolognese sauce
Pan juices for pan seared steaks
gravies - eg when I make sausage and mash

In fact.... I add to lots of dishes!

My hubby mixes it with mayo for French fry dip, to dip his fried potatoes, chip dip, and cold crisp celery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom