Cooking for GERD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Does anybody hear experience GERD? I have been dealing with it for a few years now. Depressingly, the list of foods to avoid is remarkably similar to the list of foods that I love. I can manage it easily enough, if I behave. But when you love cooking and eating as much as I do, it is hard to settle for certain things all of the time. Do you cook with this in mind? I hate moderation. Whoever invented that should be tarred and feathered.

Sorry about your problem. My Aunt Maxine had this. She had to have the head of the bed raised. The basic food list is full of things I love to eat so it must be hard for you.

I have had my bed up on milk crates for a few years. The most important thing, IMHO, is to make sure you give yourself a good three hours after supper before you go to bed. Your stomach should be totally empty. I have also learned quite a bit about the ph scale and what foods are acidic forming or alkalyne forming. It can be fairly complicated. Like apple cider vinegar is good for heartburn. Lemon helps reduce stomach acid. Cayenne is good for ulcers. Things you would never think...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom