Cooking in restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyitschris

Assistant Cook
i just wanted to know how on here works in restaurants. Are you a chef, line cook or prep cook. What type of cuisine is it, name of the place and what city and state is it in. im just curious, thanks.

for me ive only been cooking for about six years, so its great that i found this place. i work and live in nc (the poor section lol) Both restaurants are own by the same person. is southern american cuisine and asian french fusion cuisine. personally i like better, cause the chef is ten times better than the one at the hotel by far. also im in culinary school.
gotta go time for work

Kitchen manager/baker at a coffeehouse.
Haven't decided how far I want to go in the industry.
Just for enjoyment or as a career, still undecided.

Welcome aboard!!!!

Im professionally trained.

Not currently in the business but was working at a New American place on the water. Alot of seafood based items on the menu. The chef was awesome and Im hopeing to go back part time in the next month or 2 if they need someone.

I'm also professionally trained. I am currently the night saute cook at a country club. The menu is mostly upscale food, from all over the world, with some down-home country goodness thrown in for the members that grew up eating country cooking.

I never took any schooling, I just sort of worked my way up from a dishwasher when I was a kid, since then Ive learned many things from a few red seal chefs, as I worked in different restaurants. Im not working in a restaurant currently, but my favorite restaurant I ever worked in is called the Gypsy Heart Dream Cafe, their menu had many different kinds including east indian and thai cuisine. I really grew as a cook when working there, It was there where I first started to experiment with ingredients and make my own things.

Theres a website too, i'd post the link but I need atleast 20 posts :D

Back
Top Bottom