Cooking 'outside the box'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grow basil, oregano, rosemary, bay, ginger,thyme,tarragon, lemongrass, and comfrey (medicinal, with tea tree). right now the only thing still going are the lemongrass, bay, rosemary and ginger. I'll have to replant the rest in the spring. I love herbs, highly reccommend the site www.richters.com and order yourselves a new catalog. the stuff comes from Canada, but I don't have any problem w/it adapting to Louisiana. probably because most of us are from canada...
Just try a little fresh tarragon in a fish sauce. but dill is wonderful as well..why don't I grow that? seems like i tried once. My rosemary is the size of a small bull...love the stuff.

GB said:
Great topic Marm!
I find that the internet is a great way to help me cook outside the box, ... I like to look up recipes online and get a whole bunch of them for the same dish. I then compare and see what things are similar and what the differences are. From there I can get an idea of other things I can try that might still work.

This is something I do a lot - especially once I got broadband. I used to do the same thing with cookbooks. However, with all the cooking stuff available over the 'net I've found it has really changed my habits. I seldom buy cookbooks anymore unless it is really something special or is a good reference book or really goes into technique.

As for forums (like this) where you get input from so many experienced and friendly "foodies" with a diversity of interests and knowledge - that's where I learn the most. I've posted a fair amount (as many questions as answers) but I lurk 10 times more than I post and I've really started to strech my cooking. Thanks all of ya!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom