Cooking party suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bone

Assistant Cook
My wife and I have invited another couple over for New Years Eve and thought It would be fun to cook a dinner together verses having everything all prepared before their arrival. I'm looking for something that everyone could be involved, yet not so complex as to be overwhelming. Also, a desert to go along with it. Thanks for your suggestions, Steve

Hi, Steve. First, welcome to DC.

You don't give any indication as to where you are geographically, which might influence your food preparation suggestions. That is if you can use the outdoor grill. Whatever.

At any rate, you could host something quite simple and delicious. A steak dinner with baked potato, salad and dessert.

Choose a nice cut of beef and grill outside or indoors. Have folks participate in the preparation and the seasoning of the steak, taking care of the potatoes and garnishes, getting the lettuce and dressing ingredients, etc.

Dessert could be something like coffee parfaits. Parfrait glasses filled with coffee ice cream, whipped cream, Kahlua, sliced almonds.

Just have fun with everyone in the kitchen and don't worry too much about your menu. Draw on your strengths and those of your guests and you'll have a great time.

Katie,
Thank you so much. The desert idea sounds fantastic to me. I live in SoCal and love to BBQ. However, lately it gets dark so early and (don't laugh) the evenings have been freezing- mid 50's when the sun goes down! So I would like to stay inside. Thanks again, Steve

Katie,
Thank you so much. The desert idea sounds fantastic to me. I live in SoCal and love to BBQ. However, lately it gets dark so early and (don't laugh) the evenings have been freezing- mid 50's when the sun goes down! So I would like to stay inside. Thanks again, Steve

I understand. My daughter and her husband live in Los Angeles and she says it's been quite chilly.

You'll have a great time. Just play in food and enjoy the company of your guests.

Katie,
The Coffee Parfait was a huge success and I will be making that again. We ended up making Chicken Cacciatore, everybody had fun adding a hand to the creation. Thanks again, Steve

Back
Top Bottom