Cooking Retreats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innkeeper

Assistant Cook
Has anyone tried, or wanted to try, a cooking retreat? What did you think? Was it fun? What did, or would, you look for in the class? What did you wish the class had done differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have actaully looked into a few... thought about doing a cooking B&B in Itally with my wife for our 20 year. I have also looked at a few here as well. The ones that interest me the most are the ones where you go as a group to farmers markets or gardens and pick out what your going to use, they seem like more of a learning/community exp to me.

Thanks Douglas - That's a good idea. I like getting out to the local markets and gardens. I'd love to go to Italy, but I'm also looking into great options in the US and on Cape Cod.

I think they're a fantastic idea!
I did one that was just 8 friends that all loved to cook, at one of their vacation homes in Big Bear Lake, CA. We all shared recipes, cooked for each other, and learned quite a bit in 3 days' time =0)
I have another friend who takes 2 days each month for cooking classes with her young teen daughter. They spend the day learning together, and I've seen so many wonderful things (cooking and otherwise) come from it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom