Cooking supplies and staples in Atlanta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be in Atlanta this Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday. There'll be a fair bit of open time to indulge my own whims.

Lived in Atlanta years ago, but live in the middle of nowhere now, so a good excuse to maybe do some shopping. Will be staying in midtown area, so will probably go by Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza for high end window shopping, Cook's Warehouse for a mid-level look see, and also Atlanta Fixture for restaurant supply recon.

Any recommendations that I should consider for checking out supplies and equipment?

Also, what are the best places these days for shopping unusual or hard to find ingredients and quality staple items?

I can probably still find my way around all right, but it's been a long time, so I need some input on the places that I might want to check out.

You ought to go to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods also. Don't know much else about Atlanta shopping. I would imagine they must have a Sur la Table and Williams Sonoma also. TJMaxx and Tuesday Morning and Marshall's for cookware are GREAT.

Hi how about visiting the DeKalb Farmer Market. It used to be and still is one of my absolute best places to visit when I am in Atlanta. I also like Harry's but nothing compares to DeKalb. I am always amazed at the variety that is availbale there and I normally tend to act like a kid in a candy store when I visit :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom