Cooking time for half recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I'm making a strata for today's brunch. I layered it this am and have it in the fridge now. My oven is still broke but I got a Cuisinart convection toaster oven for Christmas. The 9x13 pan won't fit in the small oven so I divided the recipe in half and made 2 2-quart casserole dishes. The original recipe says to bake for 45 mins but will I need to bake it that long with the smaller container? How long should I cook it? I'd like to try the convection oven mode but am not sure how that would affect the outcome either. Any help will be welcome. TIA and Happy New Year!

I would think baking times would be about the same. But we never roast by time. Always by feel. We look at it and decide. Good luck.

convection will cook it faster, if your gonna try convection I would start checking it at 20 mins. If your going to cook it regular I would think it wouldn't take 45 mins..maybe check at 30 mins..what is in the strata?

Sage, my strata has cinnamon raisin bread base with apples and cream cheese layered between. Eggs, cream, butter and maple syrup for the pour over. I haven't made this before so the whole thing is an experiment but the ingredients sounded good so thought I would try it. We were to have this Christmas day but Christmas eve my oven conked out and then we were out of town until this weekend. We got one part of the oven fixed (the lower element was bad and is now replaced) but the thermostat is out also so it just keeps heating and doesn't control the temp. I'm looking forward to using my new countertop oven though. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom