Cooking with roaster oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you google search (and all of you are capable of that), or look at the links already provided, you are looking for national food safety type information, like university extension recommendations. Looks like roasting a frozen turkey, is a pretty good idea.

Some of the sites recommend partially cooking the turkey until the package of giblets can be removed, then adjusting the heat. Cooking in a roaster, on a rack, not in an oven bag and it will take 50% longer than a thawed turkey. Less contamination of the refrigerator, or sink, safer all around.

Thanks for the links and advice. Since I currently only have a roaster oven(s) I think I'm just going throw some of the vegetables including potatoes and other items in with the turkey near the end of it's cooking cycle.

I'm mainly cooking for myself unless the neighbors drop over. So I'll cook up more vegetables in the roaster oven or micro/convection oven when needed.

I'll eventually install some sort of gas stove as I have gas plumbed into my kitchen and other areas of the home.

Besides gas I also have a 4000 watt geny and solar backup with batteries and inverters for when the electricity goes out.

My large freezer is electric but setup to run off the geny or solar with invert-er.

I also have a couple of absorption refrigerators (with smaller freezers) that run on gas or electric. Nice when the electricity goes out as they're programed to switch to gas and I don't need to worry about food spoiling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom