Cool product - True lime and lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
I've been using this freeze dried lime and lemon juice for a year or so and thought you might want to try it as well. It comes in single packets or loose and tastes amazingly like the real stuff. In my area it's a little tough to find but it's available online http://www.amazon.com/True-Lemon-Or...F8&qid=1427914478&sr=8-1&keywords=true+citrus

The best uses I've found (besides an emergency substitution for the real deal) are in baking when you want the zing of the acid but don't want the liquid. They are also really nice to add to bottle water.

Last night I made some guacamole using the lime, rehydrating it per the instructions prior to use. No flavor difference from the real thing. :chef:

Last edited:
I LOVE True Lime and Lemon!!

I use them all the time. They taste pretty much exactly like fresh lemon/lime juice.

I sprinkle it on fish and chicken, add to dry rubs, etc.

They also make orange and grapefruit (or so I'm told about the grapefruit, Ive never seen it)

They carry it in most supermarkets here, usually near the sugar or sometimes by the coffee and tea

Sounds awesome, I'll be on the lookout! Muchas gracias!

I love True Lime, Lemon, and Orange! I haven't seen the grapefruit, though. I find it in either the powdered drink aisle or sometimes with the baking products.

I mostly use it with bottled water when I'm out and about - on walks - not wanting to mess with fresh fruit.

I'm not fond of the Orange one, but the lime and lemon are lovely. You can get either the individual packets or a shaker bottle here.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I'll look in my local grocery store for this! Sounds like something really nice to have on hand.

I'm thinking this would work nicely with the Soda Stream machine!

I understand they make a drink mix (sweetened) but the stuff I use is straight juice - pucker power and no sugar. It's a really handy thing to have a round and a pretty good substitute for the real thing.

I was camping last weekend and even tried making a whiskey sour with the lemon ..not bad.

I'm thinking this would work nicely with the Soda Stream machine!

Reconstitute BEFORE you Soda Stream it, unless you like cleaning up messes. If you put the powder in the soda water it goes nuts! Shrek's experiment hit the ceiling.

Si. I would sprinkle the powder in after I sodaed it in the bottle.

Our local Walmart isn't carrying the canister refills, at least for the last month, so it may be a moot point.

Si. I would sprinkle the powder in after I sodaed it in the bottle.

Our local Walmart isn't carrying the canister refills, at least for the last month, so it may be a moot point.

I'm telling you do NOT do it...dissolve first then soda.

Are there instructions on the box? As in, how much to equal "half a lemon, one lemon", "teaspoons or tablespoons equivalent of lemon juice" ? Does it have a shelf life date on the box? I'm for anything that's better than the real thing :ROFLMAO:

It's got additives and sugar in it though so it's not a no sugar product .

They make two kinds.

The kind Janet and I buy does not contain additives or sugar. It's pure dried juice.

I'm not saying it's better than real fresh squeezed but it's an excellent substitute and also, being dry it has all kinds of uses like in rubs where liquid juice doesn't work.

It does tell you a conversion on the packet I am pretty sure. I just wing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom