Costco Products You Enjoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use to buy the frozen wings but found them small and inconsistent in size. Based on your comment, I'll check again to see if the frozen wings have changed.

Take another look Andy. I'm pretty sure they are Kirkland brand but not positive. They are buried in the silly chest freezer in my basement.
But they are big! The biggest and best I have ever purchased. It was the fresh wings that were small in our store.

WELL!
As of June 20th, Costco will ending their long standing
relationship with American Express
and changing ships to Visa.
Where did I put that Visa Card :cool:

You will need it pretty soon. 3 days away. The new Visa has better rebates than the AMEX had.
I like AMEX as they are customer oriented. I hope Citi Visa will be as good as AMEX was.

For anyone that has the Costco AMEX and has not received your new Citi Bank Visa, you need to call about it. We got ours two weeks ago.

Oh gawd: they do so many things so well. That grassy-green-gorgeous olive oil, those six-packs of gorgeous sardines for $10...

But the best (here in the Pacific NW) is the 1 lb tubs of fresh Dungeness crabmeat. They are currently $28, as they should be, but one time roommate and I found them mispriced at $8. I immediately sent her out the door with six of them, and followed along shortly with all the rest. Shelf life is only 2-3 days, so OF COURSE we had to eat 12 lb of knickerdropping crab quickly, what a shame, what a shame, what a shame...

Oh gawd: they do so many things so well. That grassy-green-gorgeous olive oil, those six-packs of gorgeous sardines for $10...

But the best (here in the Pacific NW) is the 1 lb tubs of fresh Dungeness crabmeat. They are currently $28, as they should be, but one time roommate and I found them mispriced at $8. I immediately sent her out the door with six of them, and followed along shortly with all the rest. Shelf life is only 2-3 days, so OF COURSE we had to eat 12 lb of knickerdropping crab quickly, what a shame, what a shame, what a shame...

I like your demeanor and your excellent taste in seafood. ;)
I guess you can't freeze/refreeze crab meat? Never crossed my mind until now. I say no, no freezing. Anyone disagree?

Today now that I'm older, I hate to admit, but I would tell the store about the mix up. :rolleyes:

C'mon, give me a wee break. I'm the guy who finds the wallet and turns it in with money intact. When I find I haven't been charged for something, I go back and pay for it. Before that crab came along, my worst sin was mislabelling pine nuts from the bulk bin (which I still do, so sue me).

A quick dinner-party announcement, then Thai crab cakes followed by Crab Louis and crab potstickers, and six pounds were gone before the day was out. Yum. Freezing? We considered that, but we had perfection right in front of us, so we just kept eating.

Didn't read the whole thread but did anyone mention either the Bark Thins or the Snappers? Talk about addictive!

I also buy my chicken breast there (frozen 4kg) when they put the price down a bit. Good deal and best quality.

Their kirkland brand pharmacy stuff is a winner too. We buy what would be Robax Platinum for about 1/3 the price.

Another Costco staple that I am never without: Kirkland Parmesan. I keep it wrapped tight in a ziplock bag, and it's good for the six months it takes me to finish it. The rinds don't go to waste: I save them to make (say) minestrone. And I always leave the store with a slab of Coastal Cheddar.

The Kirkland Brand vitamins and OTC medicines are the best and inexpensive compared to other stores/pharmacies.

We buy all of our over-the-counter medications at Costco. They are for great low-cost alternative for the expensive brand-name stuff. I also feel one prescription that it's not covered by my insurance.

I really appreciate the "compare to… " Statement on the various medication bottles let you know what you're buying.

Last edited:
Remember, even if you do not have a Costco Membership, you can still use the pharmacy. Your co-pays may be cheaper at Costco, too. I used them exclusively and my co-pays were half what they were at Walgreen's.

I completely forgot about the glasses I have on order! Computer glasses with 30" focus (I have large monitors), and old-fashioned bifocals. Last time it took them three tries to get the bifocals right, no charge. I'm always stepping on the damn things, and Costco repairs them free, even if it means new frames.

But this is a cooking site...

We saw this item at Costco for the first time the other day and bought one. I sliced some off today for breakfasts for SO and me. Very tasty. I froze half and we'll have the other half for a dinner later this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 128
We saw this item at Costco for the first time the other day and bought one. I sliced some off today for breakfasts for SO and me. Very tasty. I froze half and we'll have the other half for a dinner later this week.

Andy, how much per pound was it and how big?
I'm not the biggest Ham fan, but DH LOVES it.
Every holiday, when we lived in Southern Arizona, I purchased a Honey Baked Ham and THAT I love!
I've also found Boar's Head brand Sweet Ham tasty as well, how does the flavor compare do you think?

I'm glad I found this thread. I love Costco! Don't tell anyone but the cookbooks I use the most are the Costco cookbooks. They are awesome.

To answer the OP, here's some of my favorite things:
Cookies! Their cookies are huge and crammed with delicious chocolate.
Vodka! $10. Wow. (though last time I looked, it was $12)
Garofalo pasta
EVOO - honestly, I've never found better
Eggs - sometimes 18 count is $1.20
Steaks, chicken, pork
Cheese! Their Irish cheddar is exceptionally lovely.
Huge bag of spinach.
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap. Love, love, love this stuff.
Black pepper (best I've tasted anywhere)

List goes on and on...

Edit: How could I forget? Their dishwashing soap is the best.

Last edited:
Picked this up on our last visit to Costco. It's markedly better than the usual shredded parmesan products.

Attachments

• IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 122
I love this thread!

Some things I saw on my last trip to Costco:
Deglet Noor dates
Organic Roasted Chestnuts!
Kerrygold butter (although it wasn't cheap compared to regular butter, I think it was $5/lb).

Why freeze if you are going to use fairly soon? Doesn't ham last a long time refrigerated?
Sorry I misread your post Andy. I see you froze half and left the other half for this week.

Picked this up on our last visit to Costco. It's markedly better than the usual shredded Parmesan products.

I usually buy the block and grate my own. Any reason other than convenience you buy pre-grated cheese?
The blocks are sitting right there. Just curious Andy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom