Crackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what I'm doing with the crackers. Buttery Ritz will always be near & dear to my heart. Used them for sausage stuffing for turkey, etc. I buy some fancy brand (can't remember the name of the cracker), when I top them with smoked oysters. I like Saltines (with less salt/lower sodium) in tomato soup. Remember when restaurants gave you a package of oysterettes to add to your clam chowder. Wonder if they are still sold. The worst cracker, imo, are the flavored crackers - sun-dried tomato & basil, etc. (wheat thins?). Took one bite & dumped them.

The Garden Herb Triscuits are absolutely delicious! They are my new faves.

The Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits are too peppery for me.

I like most of the other crackers already mentioned, too - the salty ones, anyway.

Lee

I love saltines with butter and grape jelly. Cheezits are my secret stash. I buy the BIG box at Sam's club and hide them.
I also like the oyster crackers with the dry ranch dressing, dill, oil and garlic. Ds will eat the whole bowl. We also buy alot of water crackers and Townhouse.

Barb

Stoned Wheat Thins for me, and this new cracker from Costco. Its a multigrain rice cracker, hexagonal shaped. Holy cow they are so good I could eat them all day. And with a teensy smear of smoked salmon cream cheese...HEAVEN.

:) There is something about the simpleness of saltines I like to dip cottage cheese with them. I can't believe no one has heard of Wasa or Rye Crisps I bet you have them, you just have not notced them. I really like the Wasa bread crisps especially the oatmeal or sesame.

:) There is something about the simpleness of saltines I like to dip cottage cheese with them. I can't believe no one has heard of Wasa or Rye Crisps I bet you have them, you just have not notced them. I really like the Wasa bread crisps especially the oatmeal or sesame.

I grew up with Wasa and Rye Crisps!

I love Wasa and Rye Crisps.

My favorite is Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits, with cheese and mustard topping, or just plain for munching. Unless I'm having soup - then it's Saltines for tomato bisque or oyster crackers for clam or crab or lobster chowder. Or club crackers with crab dip. Yum.

I have always loved Sociables. I remember that cheese in a can fondly, too:wacko:. Right now, Carr's makes a poppy cracker that is close to the Sociable, thinner and a bit crispier. Don't want to say I prefer it, but it's probably true. There is a round graham flour cracker from Ireland, comes in an orange tube like package, that I love with cheddar.

I have always loved Sociables. I remember that cheese in a can fondly, too:wacko:. Right now, Carr's makes a poppy cracker that is close to the Sociable, thinner and a bit crispier. Don't want to say I prefer it, but it's probably true. There is a round graham flour cracker from Ireland, comes in an orange tube like package, that I love with cheddar.

I remember that stuff. You could make different designs on the cracker depepnding on how hard you pressed the noxxle and how you held it against the craacker, but I don't remember which cracker I usually ate with it.... It probably didn't make much difference :LOL: It had a lessor counterpart, too, Cheesewhiz I think, non-aerosol and much harder to use. You had to make a couple knife cuts in a plastic sleeve and squeeze it out. I wonder if they still make that cheese in a can.... :neutral:

they still make cheese in a can, DD likes to squirt it straight in her mouth and forget about the crackers. Me Ilike club crackers and saltines dipped in ranch dressing

there are some advantages to living in KZ.........they keep those cheese squirters out of my reach........I love that stuff................and same with saltines........they don't have them........found them once by accident and they were stale, stale, stale............even after putting them in the oven they were stil stale, stale, stale...............so maybe I'm better off there..........nah,,,,,,,,,,,,even I can't believe that..............

There is another cracker I thought about, I have not looked for them so I am not sure if they are still around... I think they might be called Chicken in a biskit or something like that. I use to love them too!!!

Those were on my favorite list, sattie. If you can't find them where you live, Amazon has them. Those are some tasty crackers! Like dunking a saltine into chicken broth.

oh, wow, sattie, you are bringing up meMOries.............yeah, I remember chicken in a biscuit.........I probably won't be Gomer Pyle in the grocery store until this weekend...........gooooooooollllllllllllllly ......................look now at what they got on the shelves, Thelma Lou..............really they should do a reality show on expats returning home..........I would bring them ratings..............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom