Cranberries in bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickVS

Assistant Cook
I made bread with cranberries the other day. In the batter, the cranberries were mixed in evenly, however, when the bread was done baking, all of the cranberries moved to the top of the bread. Is there a trick to keeping cranberries equally mixed throughout the loaf of bread while baking? Thanks.

Some people run them thru a bit of flour before adding. I just mix them as well as I can. I have never had a problem. I am sure someone else has some thoughts on this.

I made coconut bread the other day with cranberries and i just mixed it in an it went perfectly fine....

I usually have a problem with berries or nuts sinking, not rising. I wonder if it's because cranberries are hollow ... Anyway! I toss whatever I am mixing into batter - berries, nuts, chocolate chips - in flour and then I don't have a problem. I think the flour helps then "stick" in place until the batter sets enough to hold them.

I usually have a problem with berries or nuts sinking, not rising. I wonder if it's because cranberries are hollow ... Anyway! I toss whatever I am mixing into batter - berries, nuts, chocolate chips - in flour and then I don't have a problem. I think the flour helps then "stick" in place until the batter sets enough to hold them.
I agree with you JM. Works for me!

The flour trick I got from watching Ina Garten. If she says always do it, then that's good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom