Desserts for a Repast Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAD

Assistant Cook
I am in charge of the desserts for a repast dinner.The family is estimating 250-300 people.
So far,I have 4 carrot cakes,90 cupcakes,3 coconut cakes,3 German chocolate cakes,8 dozen brownies and a large peach cobbler(serves 22-24) a half sheet cake and 2cakes(unknown flavors)
I'm not sure if this is enough ,too much??
The dinner will be taco catering,rice & beans.
Also I'm making a green salad .I like to use iceberg and Romaine lettuce,shredded carrots,sliced cucumber,cherry tomatoes,shredded red cabbage and slivered red onions.How many of each will feed 250-300 people?
Help! I can cook,I just don't know how much,I want to make sure I have plenty of desserts and salad.

Welcome to DC! Most of us are just home cooks. My experience cooking for a group is limited to no more than a dozen folks. I could only venture a guess for that many folks.

Welcome to DC. We love it when now folks join us.

I have no answer to your dessert dilemma, but have you ever considered adding radishes to your salad? I use them all the time in salads. :angel:

Welcome to DC! Home cook here too, but it sounds like the desserts will be fine. We have a few caterers, restauranteurs, and other pros here, hopefully they can weigh in.

I have some recopies but I am a home cook. What do you have access to as far as kitchens? You are talking catering company levels of production.

It was kind of you, just the same. ;)

I'm an Eagle Scout ma'm. Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent. It is what we do.

Kind is one of twelve things I hold myself to.

Cheers,

TBS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom