Dipping in chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettyjc

Assistant Cook
I have a recipe that calls for dipping the cookies (balls) in chocolate. What is the best way to do this and keep them looking neat? Thanks for any and all tips.

Yes, in fact the recipe says to chill them first. The recipe is one I found on the Duncan Hines site for Oreo Balls. I want to make these for Christmas gifts and want them to look nice. Thanks!

I like to set the balls on a fork, dipping them, then touching the bottom of the fork to the top of the chocolate to get the excess off, that action "pulls" the excess back into the bowl of chocolate you are dipping in.

I like to set the balls on a fork, dipping them, then touching the bottom of the fork to the top of the chocolate to get the excess off, that action "pulls" the excess back into the bowl of chocolate you are dipping in.

I don't know how to do that.

learned it in pastry class last spring at cooking school. really easy once you get the hang of it.

WOW - I didn't know that!
Thanks for the tip - I'll be trying that this Christmas when I'm making my dipped candies.

Back
Top Bottom