Do you or don't you wear an apron when cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on what I am cooking or what I am wearing. Most of the time I'm pretty careful and don't mess up my duds. However, when frying, etc. I "arm up."

Another time I wear an apron is when I'm working with bread dough. Somehow it always seems like when I make bread, etc. I'm wearing black or navy clothing. Need I say more. Apron...yep, yep, yeppers.

Actually the same holds for when I'm sewing with white thread.

Don't seem to have too much of a problem frying. Perhaps I'm a bit more fastidious when I do this.

Haha, same here. In fact 90% of my wardrobe is black or dark blue. And I end up with flour, etc, all over my shirt.

I should always. I do usually. I can mess up my clothes just reheating food in the microwave. :ermm: I guess my shirts just have an animal attraction to...animal. :huh: I wonder if this would be an issue if I were to become a vegetarian...:D

Oh well, as long as there is a bottle of spray stain remover in my laundry area (and a push-up tube of the gel kind in my suitcase), I don't have to worry about that.

I wear an apron when I make lefse, pie crust, pasta, pierogi,bread, or anything that involves a lot of flour. I tend to wear scrubs around the house... I have house clothes, cabin clothes, going to town clothes, and oh-my-gosh, I am going to see friends clothes. Oh, and dog clothes, fishing clothes, and clearing snow clothes.

I wear an apron when I'm not being lazy. It also depends on what I'm doing, if it's something simple and quick, I don't care to wear one. But if I'm doing something messy, with flour or grease or whatever spurting everywhere, yes, I'd rather protect my clothes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom