Do you wear an apron when cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's very cool. I wish I could find something that nice. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond and it has two pockets on the front but I know it can't be as nice as one hand made.

My Aunt Elsie used to make us great aprons... really covered up y our clothes, and had big pockets. She would find such interesting fabrics and prints. I used to keep hers for when I was cooking for company. :)

here is a link to the pattern I use.....another neat thing about this pattern is the neck strap is in two pieces, held together with velcro, so you can "unsnap" the neck strap and you don't have to pull it over your head.

Mary's Productions

dang ChefJune, maybe i could have traded you an apron for your cookbook?!

Sorry I don't wear an apron. I usually cook in my birthday suit.

Watch out when you're frying bacon!

I have an apron that I wear when I'm doing something messy, like stemming strawberries.
My mom and grandma wore them all the time, though, and they also had pretty frilly ones for special occasions.

As soon as I find a Ginger.....Would you like to audition?? ;)

All you have to do is everything I do .... backwards and in heels..:ermm:

Uncle Bob in heels? :ohmy: I've got to see the photos!!! LOL!!!

I generally put on an apron ... tend to wipe wet sink hands on it ... LOL!

P.S. I've found some nice aprons at Ross ... virtually same aprons as at Steinmart, but half the price. :chef:

JoMama said:
Uncle Bob in heels? :ohmy: I've got to see the photos!!! LOL!!!

Ahmmm Uncle Bob no wearum heels:cool:...But Ginger Rodgers did when she danced with Fred Astaire --- While doing everything he did-- but backwards....Would you like to audition for the part???:LOL:

I do wear it most of the time, not as much for my self, but rather as an example for my kids. So when they help, they do not get too dirty. I have at least a dozen or so aprons, most of them are comercial style, or is it profeccioonal style. Very simple, very functional.

I usually wear an apron while cooking in order not to get my clothes dirty especially if they are new or expensive clothes. Actually, I have only two aprons because if one got dirty, I have another one to wear. My favorite apron is the one my friend brought it to me from Italy. I don't like to use it while cooking difficult food because it is a valuable apron. Aprons come in many colors, but most chefs throughout the world prefer to wear white aprons while cooking.

I sometimes do while grilling, my wife bought me one that has an English Bulldog (the USMC mascot) that says "Grill Instructor" On it :)

img_818263_0_ba9e1ea1d5c74b85c6c8f1a60c4ede02.jpg

Have the ones from all the schools I've attended but don't wear them.
In my own kitchen, no, never.
When I work professionally and am behind the scenes I do to save my chefs jacket and black pants. Then if I have to go to the front of the house I take it off. I've also been known to keep an extra clean and pressed jacket for greeting at the front of the house and wear my gnarly one in the back.

I don't. But I have always wanted to get one, just haven't found the right one in terms of size and design. Most of the aprons are a bit long and big for me... Any suggestions for where to buy smaller aprons?

if u sew, they are super easy to make. there are patterns for all kinds at joanns.fabric.

now i have to admit i don't have any aprons my self. the ones i made were for granddaughter. will do one or two for me , soon i hope:ROFLMAO:

I have three that I wear frequently, all bib style. I have my blue and white striped apron (English style, like the "staff" on Ramsey's F Word) I bought a long time before culinary school and have worn at every back of house job since. Keeps my coats presentable if I have to face the public. It has been modified in the past couple of years with a patch that reads White Trash :LOL:

I wear a red apron with the name of my company embroidered on the bib when I teach classes.

At home, I have a black apron with an embroidered Skull and Bones sitting in Hot Rod flames.

I don't. But I have always wanted to get one, just haven't found the right one in terms of size and design. Most of the aprons are a bit long and big for me... Any suggestions for where to buy smaller aprons?

I make mine myself.

My aprons are easily adjustable via the drawstring type neck/back ties so one size fits children to adults and they are totally reversible.

I gave two of them to each of my aunties for Christmas one year, and have made them for gifts to my church kitchen, friends, and to sell at fundraisers.

These are the ones I made my aunties with the matching towels and potholders I made.

img_818808_0_9cf2feb425e229a14b3c3fa85f201d75.jpg

For my birthday a few years ago my friends made me an apron with all there handprints and then they all signed it. It's one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever gotten. But it's too pretty, so I never wear it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom