Dry Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought that it might just be what i got, taxlady. i'b be interested in what you find.

i tried seperating out the dried morels, and they tasted a little better.

i need to go look to see if they were from a foreign country. i have little faith in large box stores and the deals you get therein, for the most part.

These are packaged in France. Countries of origin: Chile, China, Serbia, Montenegro.

There aren't any morels :(

I soaked them for about an hour. I squeezed the water out with my hands and then dried them with a clean tea towel. One of them had turned to mush. There were hardly any stems. I fried them in butter. I had them on toast. They tasted fine. Some of them were a bit tough/chewy. I think I will chop them first another time that they aren't going to be simmering in liquid for a long time.

I buy mine (a kilo) once a year in Split Croatia, I buy a few black truffles in Istria or Slovenia on the way home.

Cheats Truffle Omelet.
Place truffle in a plastic bag with your very fresh eggs seal and leave in the fridge for 24hrs, the eggs will absorb the truffle flavor.
Reconstitute your dried porchini, dice very small, make omelet and before you fold sprinkle with the porchini bits, plate and shave a little truffle on top, sprinkle with a little truffle oil.

A $20+ dish that costs a few $ :)

Back
Top Bottom