Duck Fat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks mainly due to previous posts in DC (I think it was Vitauta and/or Claire), some time ago I roasted a duck. The duck was OK, but the fat was yum -- potatoes fried in duck fat, mmmm good. I bought a small jar of rendered duck fat at Williams Sonoma for what I thought was a lot of $$ for a little fat. I still have about a third of it in the fridge. I'm hoarding it and will hate to see the last of it. I realize it's bad for my arteries, but you only live once.
How did you do the potatoes? I did some tonight in the oven and thanks to my DH they were rather crunchy but yummy wished I'd made more tho.
kades

How did you do the potatoes? I did some tonight in the oven and thanks to my DH they were rather crunchy but yummy wished I'd made more tho.
kades

I microwaved the potato first, then sliced and browned the slices in hot duck fat. Lots of crunch. :yum:

kades
I make them in the oven, too, because it cuts down on the amount of fat needed. I just melt a tablespoon or two of duck fat, toss the potatoes in it (with seasoning), and then bake them at 425F.

image-888648085.jpg

This is the brand that I use but if you can render your own fat from the duck it is soo much better.

Back
Top Bottom