Easter dinner menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marajo

Cook
What are you fixing for Easter dinner? a crowd? I am planning on 10-12 people and will serve a ham. Asparagas is soooo springy that it will probably be on the menu also. any great au gratin recipes? This is going to be simple so I can get out of the kitchen and eat good jelly beans into the night.

We do "Greekster" We'll have a whole lamb cooked over an open fire and all the Greek side dishes to go with it. YUMMMMY!!!

we usually do a pork loin roast, kielbasi with kraut and potatoes, shredded beets -n- horseradish, farmer's cheese, garlic sauteed stringbeans and asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, and polish rye bread.

but this year, i may try to convince dw to let me do a whole leg of lamb, or a frenched rack of lamb or pork.

Easter is at my house again this year - not sure what to have - not sure how many people yet. It will be at least 10 - possibly up to 20. I am thinking of keeping it simple - ham with a bunch of sides. I will watch this post for ideas, though!:chef:

Sis is having Easter at her house this year,
She's fixing the ham, so I'm making leg of lamb, boned, rubbed down with olive oil, rosemary from the garden,(it winters over well here), garlic, salt, black pepper and fresh lemon juice, rolled tied and roasted @ 425 till medium rare. (of course I'll also roast the leg bone for stock):)

Glad to hear many are in a quandry also.

We, for the last couple of years, have made a fresh ham.

Would be glad to do it again, but we are thinking about other alternatives.

This year it is just the two of us, and we have some really nice looking lamb shanks in the freezer, so we are tending towards that.

We are thinking of scalloped potatoes.

And as far as veggies go, well, have to see what is in the market.

Are leaning towards asparagus, steamed, which we can find very fresh.

Need an appy, but will worry about that later.

Thanks y'all for getting us thinking.

A Happy Easter to you all.

aunt dot, what's an "appy"? pdswife your menu sounds fabulous! I wish you were my neighbor.

Not a clue. I'm not sure my kitchen will be done so I haven't put much thought into the dinner part of it. My brothers from MI, minus one, are coming down from MI. They are prepared that if the kitchen isn't done then we'll be going out to eat. Doesn't matter to me where or what we eat as long as we're all together.

Asparagus in an easter basket

One year I made an easter basket out of phyllo dough - complete with a twisted handle. I filled the cooked basket with steamed al dente asparagus & drizzled the asparagus with hollaindaise sauce. You could accent with mint or dill or parsley

I don't know what we will have since I don't know where we will be. We usually go to the farm for Easter, but haven't made any plans yet.

Back
Top Bottom