Easy, Quick, and Delicious Meal Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fettuccine Alfredo- just three ingredients, butter cheese and pasta

Any kind of one skillet Hamburg casseroles. Brown beef with onions and garlic. Add some canned or frozen veggies and a can of cream of mushroom soup.

Pasta with olive oil, garlic and parm cheese.

Taking Andy's Pasta with olive oil and garlic as a base ( leave out parm unlessI note to add):
1) Add Broccoli to this (Rotelli or mall/ medium shells)
2) At room temp add Diced tomatoes, basil and diced Mozzarella cheese (Linguini)
3) Add Spinach and crumbled feta cheese (Bowties) ( room temp )
4) Add Multiple veggies ( mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli...) got pasta primavera
5) Add Roasted halved brussel sprouts ( or shredded ) , with he parm cheese and a few shakes of oregano. ( linguini)
6) Add a bunch of grilled veggies, makes a nice ' Grilled" pasta primavera ( With Parm)

- Sautee sliced mushrooms til they start to brown a little, add garlic (dont let it burn). then toss in some already pre cooked Pappardelle pasta and a few slabs of butter and Parm cheese if you like. Can garnish with chopped parsley or drizzle with some truffle oil.

(What I call) Mexican Chicken. You can use bone-in or boneless, breast or thigh meat - whatever you prefer. I use boneless/skinless chicken breasts. If they are thick "Dolly Parton" breasts, I cut them in half into thinner cutlets. Saute in just a wee bit of butter and/or oil to brown, then smother with salsa. Cover and simmer until chicken is done. Remove lid and top with shredded cheese. CoJack works good here, as does Cheddar. Then melt the cheese, either by putting the lid back onto the pan, or by popping the pan under the broiler. Serve over/along side rice, with or without black beans. Sometimes I add a second side of fresh corn (lightly cooked and cut from the cob) mixed with halved cherry/grape tomatoes. Green Giant Niblets corn is a good sub for fresh.

It's all much easier to cook than it is to type out! :LOL: BTW, welcome to DC Learning2Cook. What do you have your PhD in, if it's OK to ask.

For a quick and easy mail I recommend Tikka Masala from Asian Home Gourmet. It's a simple Indian paste but absolutely gorgeous. You just add chicken and vegetables to the paste and you are ready to go.

Like CG says - easier to make than to type out LOL

Pasta Salad:
Cook any short pasta - macaroni, rotini, zita -

while it's cooking, raid the fridge and cupboard - canned tuna, chicken or ham or left over cold meat... left over cold vegies... slice some celery, scallions, red peppers (or from a jar of roasted peppers) ,

I've put in sliced olives (black or green), artichoke hearts, palms, tomatoes, cucumber, canned mushrooms, pepperoncini, capers - anything you can find and grab!

When pasta is cooked, cool in a sieve under cold running water, drain well.

Mix everything together in a bowl, add a dollop of mayo (with or without some yogurt or sour creme - however you like it), tablespoon of green relish, (shot of lemon), dijon mustard - salt and pepper.

I've put this on the table for a lunch within 30 minutes from walking in the door. Girlfriends had not even finished powdering their noses when I called out - Ready! ok, ok... so they had to set the table... :angel:

ps, this is one time when canned mushrooms are best. ;)

Thinly slice potatoes and onions, toss them in salt and butter and arrange in layers. Add chicken broth and white wine to come up about 3/4. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or till liquid is absorbed and potatoes are tender.

Generously salt and pepper a piece of cod or other sort of thick fish (salmon, haddock, sea bass) and place on top of the potatoes with a couple of pats of butter.

Broil for maybe 10 min or until fish is done.

This is my go to super easy dinner

1 jae chunky, garden style pasta sauce with mushrooms
1 Kielbassa cut inti bite size runds, or 1 lb. browned ground beef
2 cups water
1 pkg. linguine, penne, or you favorite pasa.

Throw everything into a pot, bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every ten minutes or so. Serve with crusty bread, or bread rolls, and shredded cheese.

Recipe 2:
large can VanCamp's pork and beans
2 tbs. dark brown sugar
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tbs. blackstrap molasses
1/2 tsp. chili powder
kielbasa or hot dogs
1 tsp. yellow mustard

Throw it all into a pot, heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes to soften onions.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom