Everything Bagel Seasoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must be missing something here. The thought of having crunchy, chewy stuff on my eggs etc. isn't really appealing to me.

I haven't tried it yet, so we'll see if it's appealing to me after I actually do it.

I'm afraid that my bagel making days are behind me..

I just tried the seasoning on a toasted/buttered English muffin.. with mixed results.. :ermm:

Ross

I saw a really neat snack/appetizer idea using the seasoning online somewhere and now I can't recall where I saw it. Nor do I remember what the name of the recipe was and I'm kicking myself because I thought it sounded super good. It was the main reason I became interested in the seasoning in the first place. Der? on me.

I must be missing something here. The thought of having crunchy, chewy stuff on my eggs etc. isn't really appealing to me.

Oh and wanted to clarify that I don't think I would sprinkle it on fried or scrambled eggs, but that I wanted to try it on hard-cooked eggs. Like you, crunchiness in my scrambled eggs doesn't sound very good. But as a seasoning on hard-cooked eggs, I'd like to try that, since I mostly eat hard-cooked eggs as snacks.

My problem is I don't like stuff cluttering my counters. However, unless I'm specifically thinking about a particular spice I need, they're pretty much out of sight, out of mind. I've got several different spice blends that I've bought over the years thinking oooooooooo, that would be good in this and this would be good in that. But when it comes to actually making the dishes, I completely forget about the spices unless, again, I need something specific to that dish.
Frequently, when I have a protein I want to cook - pork chops, chicken breasts or thighs, etc. - I'll open my spice cabinet and look around till something appeals to me. I've found that, while there are some flavors that go really well with particular proteins, most go well with a lot of different things.

Think of Thai restaurants. Menu items like stir-fries and curries are made with a different set of vegetables and flavorings, and then you can choose to have it with beef, chicken, pork or shrimp. Mix and match [emoji2]

I saw a really neat snack/appetizer idea using the seasoning online somewhere and now I can't recall where I saw it. Nor do I remember what the name of the recipe was and I'm kicking myself because I thought it sounded super good. It was the main reason I became interested in the seasoning in the first place. Der? on me.
I use an electronic notebook app called Evernote on my laptop, tablet and phone for years. You can create notebooks for different purposes and then create notes to put in them. It's easy to copy and paste from websites, and you can include photos and website addresses. Love it.

Last edited:
Frequently, when I have a protein I want to cook - pork chops, chicken breasts or thighs, etc. - I'll open my spice cabinet and look around till something appeals to me. I've found that, while there are some flavors that go really well with particular proteins, most go well with a lot of different things.

Think of Thai restaurants. Menu items like stir-fries and curries are made with a different set of vegetables and flavorings, and then you can choose to have it with beef, chicken, pork or shrimp. Mix and match [emoji2]

I use an electronic notebook app called Evernote on my laptop, tablet and phone for years. You can create notebooks for different purposes and then create notes to put in them. It's easy to copy and paste from websites, and you can include photos and website addresses. Love it.

I do that as well, with typical everyday dishes I make. I pretty much already know what spices I want to add, but sometimes look for others that may go well with it. But all those 'specialty' seasonings I pick up on a whim rarely get used. Mostly because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them :LOL:

Thanks for the Evernote info. I'll check into that.

I do that as well, with typical everyday dishes I make. I pretty much already know what spices I want to add, but sometimes look for others that may go well with it. But all those 'specialty' seasonings I pick up on a whim rarely get used. Mostly because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them [emoji38]

Thanks for the Evernote info. I'll check into that.
That's what we're here for! [emoji38] Ask!

Which is why I asked about the Everything Bagel seasoning ;)

I bought Chinese 5 Spice. That's one I've never touched since I put it in my spice cupboard.
Sounds like you have a bunch ;)

I have a couple suggestions. Start a new thread and let's get ideas from others.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a bunch ;)

I have a couple suggestions. Start a new thread and let's get ideas from others.

That is a good idea. I have quite a large collection of recipes calling for the 5 spice, including a lot of different ways to make your own Chinese 5 Spice.

That is a good idea. I have quite a large collection of recipes calling for the 5 spice, including a lot of different ways to make your own Chinese 5 Spice.

I don't mind if you all want to post that in this thread. I mean, it's all about seasonings, right? :)

I don't mind if you all want to post that in this thread. I mean, it's all about seasonings, right? [emoji2]
Except that this thread is titled "Everything Bagel Seasoning." I'm thinking about forum organization. People browsing the seasonings threads who might be interested in Chinese Five-Spice Powder wouldn't see the information here.

Except that this thread is titled "Everything Bagel Seasoning." I'm thinking about forum organization. People browsing the seasonings threads who might be interested in Chinese Five-Spice Powder wouldn't see the information here.

Ahh, gotcha. You can start one if you want :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom