Fantastic sale on cooking course by CIA instructor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob Babcock

Head Chef
I hope this doesn't violate any rules, but mods please feel free to delete it if it does. I just got an email from The Teaching Company today that's pretty amazing- they have their 24 lecture video course The Everyday Gourmet: Rediscovering the Lost Art of Cooking on sale for just $34.95! :chef: For those of you who aren't familiar with the company they've been profiled by a lot of media outlets and count Bill Gates as a fan and customer. They comb the universities of the world for the top 5% of all instructors- the very best of these are recruited to write and record lecture series for TGC. The professors are a who's-who of modern intellectual life. In fact Neil Degrass-Tyson did a course for them! Over the last ten years I've purchased at least 25 course from them on topics ranging from Ancient Egypt and Rome to existentialist philosophy. All have been uniformly excellent.

Bill Briwa does this cooking set. He's an instructor at CIA. The course is fantastic! You could watch it and go from not being able to boil water to probably landing a job and a restaurant just by studying the material and practicing a bit. This course will soon go back to being $200, so this is heck of a steal at $35! That's the price for a download that you can stream or record; the series is available on DVD for $40.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to learn a bit more about cooking from an undisputed master of modern cuisine.

I hope this doesn't violate any rules, but mods please feel free to delete it if it does. I just got an email from The Teaching Company today that's pretty amazing- they have their 24 lecture video course The Everyday Gourmet: Rediscovering the Lost Art of Cooking on sale for just $34.95! :chef: For those of you who aren't familiar with the company they've been profiled by a lot of media outlets and count Bill Gates as a fan and customer. They comb the universities of the world for the top 5% of all instructors- the very best of these are recruited to write and record lecture series for TGC. The professors are a who's-who of modern intellectual life. In fact Neil Degrass-Tyson did a course for them! Over the last ten years I've purchased at least 25 course from them on topics ranging from Ancient Egypt and Rome to existentialist philosophy. All have been uniformly excellent.

Bill Briwa does this cooking set. He's an instructor at CIA. The course is fantastic! You could watch it and go from not being able to boil water to probably landing a job and a restaurant just by studying the material and practicing a bit. This course will soon go back to being $200, so this is heck of a steal at $35! That's the price for a download that you can stream or record; the series is available on DVD for $40.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to learn a bit more about cooking from an undisputed master of modern cuisine.
Was a bit startled that the CIA were doing cookery demonstrations..... then I realised that it wasn't that CIA!

Hahaha! I didn't even think of that.:ROFLMAO: I've worked as a chef for almost 25 years so automatically CIA means Culinary Institute of America tome.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom