Favorite DC recipes of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whew! That was alot of cut and pasting! These sound so good! My list goes on and one but for starters they include:

Artichoke Appy Loaf - kadesma
Spinach Boats - pdswife
Spinach Artichoke Dip - pdswife
Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms - Andy M
Cocktail Weiners - MJ
Mushroom Bread-Corrine
Gnocchi - urmaniac (I am still trying to perfect mine to be as good as hers)
Baked Chicken with Herbs - PA Baker
Crockpot Chicken Scampi -Jkath
French Apple Cake - Corazon
Dark Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake - SierraCook
Mushroom Casserole - kadesma

Thanks everyone!

I am very new to this forum, but I wanted to say I have really enjoyed reading this compilation!!

Thank you for sharing.

I had jkath's jack daniel's kilbasa tonight for dinner with sourkraut and toasted bread and loved it. I was hopeing for some suggestions on using the leftover sauce. I have plenty of it and thought about incorporating it into dinner tomorrow night, but I'm not sure if it would be good in another dish? Does any one have any brilliant ideas?

Has anyone thought of putting these marvolous recipes in a book? Sounds like it would be a winner.

I love allot of recipes that I have seen, I hope there are more to come...
Thanks everyone for making D.C. SO great!!!! ;)

Rum Raisin Muffins

This Rum Raisin Muffin recipe from Kansasgirl is absolutely yummy. I use Captain Morgan's spiced rum and golden raisins.

Rum Raisin Muffins

1 c Raisins
1 c Dark rum
2 c Flour
1/2 c Sugar
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Baking soda
1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Nutmeg
3/4 Stick butter
1 c Sour cream
1 Egg
3/4 ts Vanilla

Preheat oven to 375F
1. Soak raisins in rum overnight. Drain and reserve rum.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter until coarse meal. Mix in raisins.
3. Whisk sour cream egg, vanilla and 1/4 c rum until smooth. Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
4. Fill muffins tins 3/4 full and bake until browned on top, about 20 minutes. Remove from tins and cool on a wire rack.

What a cool thread! Thank you!
I have to add Ol-Blue's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf.

The recipe that has most made an impression on my family and quickly became a regular on the menu was Kadesma's Pork Chops in Onion Sauce. I have substituted cube steaks and veal cutlets for the pork chops with great success. I have even taken leftover sauce, added crumbled bacon, chopped peppers, peas, and broccoli and served over pasta. I first mad this about 6 months ago and don't even need the recipe card anymore!

One of the recipes that I love is this:

A Treat for Muffin Lovers – Discuss Cooking –Boufa6 10-26-06
Yesterday I made a big batch (48) of these yummy muffins for a church celebration. Everyone who tasted them seemed to like them. So I am now sharing the recipe with you:

APPLE MUFFIN
1-1/4 cup oil ( I put only 1 cup)

1 tsp salt
1-3/4 cups sugar ( I put only 1/2 )
3 cups flour

3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1 cup raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups diced apples
1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat oil, sugar and eggs. Sift soda, salt, flour and cinnamon together and add to the mixture. Fold in apples, nuts, raisins and vanilla. Scoop into muffin pan that has been lined with muffin paper cup. Bake at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F for half an hour.
Enjoy! Makes about 16 muffins.
Note: They grow up like crazy, they are sweet and delicious!!

Back
Top Bottom