Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollyanne

Flour Child
For starters I have to say...Tarte d' Alsace! Okay, it's a frozen food item but ....wow. It's in the pizza section but not a pizza. As it claims, "Based on a 100 yr old recipe from the Alsace-Lorraine region of France; this savory tart defies categorization. Not a pizza, much more than a flatbread, and definitely not a dessert....It starts with a thin, crisp, hand-folded crust that's perfectly fired...topped with Creme Fraiche, Caramelized Onions, thinly sliced Ham, and Gruyere Cheese. Can be an appetizer or pair it with a salad for dinner...Delicieux!"

That sounds good, will have to get one next trip.
Currently my fave item is the frozen garlic cubes, 20 to a pack. Very handy for cooking and of course no effort to use.

Oh yeahhhhh.......I love that Tarte d' Alsace MA!!

Have you ever tried a bag the Orange Chicken in the frozen foods? It comes with separate pouches of sauce, that I always thin out with some orange juice to make it go further. It's really excellent served on top of steamed Jasmine rice. It's my favorite thing at TJ's. Another favorite there is the half sour pickles in the refrigerated section. Their selection of all kinds of cheeses at affordable prices is excellent too. On the down side, I bought an expensive "free range" whole chicken to roast and it didn't impress me at all for the price. For whole chicken, Foster Farm from the grocery at 67 cents a lb on sale, will continue to do me just fine.
I love Trader Joe's for so many things.

Good thread MA......I'm looking forward to others favorites too.

First off (since many aren't going to read my whole post lol) let me recommend their Marscapone (also used in tiramisu i think). Mix in a touch of their Raw Blue Agave Syrup (make sure it's the raw one...less processing the better). Then spread some on toast points using Trader Joe's Dark Pumpernickel Bread and top with a Fresh Red Juicy Strawberry Slice.

I never saw the cranberry walnut tarte. If the crust is anything like the tarte d'alsace then...it's to die for!

I'm going to have to use this thread for my next shopping list...
The frozen garlic sounds like a great idea! Can't say as I've ever seen frozen garlic ANYwhere.

I'm definitely trying the orange chicken. I had to look up "naan" ..yum!

Great thread! I didn't know they had Agave nectar and Marscapone is difficult for me to find.Thanks!

The Cranberry Walnut tarte is in the fresh Bread/Pie area.

They used to have frozen squares of several herbs.They still may.
I have not looked for them in a while.The basil squares work well too.

We also like the Biryani rice in the frozen section.Nice quick side when go RVing or don't have a lot of time.

Oh yeahhhhh.......I love that Tarte d' Alsace MA!!

Have you ever tried a bag the Orange Chicken in the frozen foods? It comes with separate pouches of sauce, that I always thin out with some orange juice to make it go further. It's really excellent served on top of steamed Jasmine rice. It's my favorite thing at TJ's. Another favorite there is the half sour pickles in the refrigerated section. Their selection of all kinds of cheeses at affordable prices is excellent too. On the down side, I bought an expensive "free range" whole chicken to roast and it didn't impress me at all for the price. For whole chicken, Foster Farm from the grocery at 67 cents a lb on sale, will continue to do me just fine.
I love Trader Joe's for so many things.

Good thread MA......I'm looking forward to others favorites too.

I recently discovered the orange chicken, it is delicious! I like to cook it until it is nice and brown and crisp, so good, I usually serve with basmati rice also from TJ's.

I usually dislike most frozen foods (with the exception of plain frozen vegetables) but the frozen foods that I have bought from TJ's have been excellent and better quality than the usual grocery store fare.

new guinea pea berry coffee
crispy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
triple ginger cookies
mega dark chocolate bar

MSC...be sure to cook the Tarte d'Alsace the longest recommended time...at least. Because you want the crust nice and crisp. It should be a golden brown. I even go a little longer because my oven is slow.

And guess what? I just tried their Tarte Aux Champignons. (only $3.99)..same crust, same creme fraiche, but with Emmental Cheese sauce and then....DRUMROLL...the mushhhrooooms....Porcini, Paris Oyster, Shitake, and Boletus.....the whole flatbread is BURSTING with flavor! Delicieux

Robo...have you ever tried their dark chocolate with tons of salty pistachios all sticking out of it...and on it...and in it...and broken up randomly? And the green is so bright...would look good at Christmastime. YUM

4meandthem...mmm frozen herb squares...i'm soo going to look for those.

Last edited:
I haven't been there in a long while but they used to have the best lemon curd.. I need to go see if they have it still.

GREAT~!!! Maybe I'll stop and get some on the way home tonight.

THANKS for letting me know!

I usually buy lemon curd at the supermarket but saw TJ's curd today. It is lower priced than what I've been paying so I grabbed a jar.

Back
Top Bottom