Flavor Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mimizkitchen

Head Chef
Ok so i'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right forum, but i'll give it a go... I'm wondering if anyone of my food friends have had the good fortune of using or owning the Flavor Bible..

I bought it a few months ago when a friend recommended it, saying it would probably change the way I view some things... I have to say I am very impressed, it is a wealth of information in hard cover...

Anybody use it??? Would love some feed back on your thoughts...

XOXO ;):)

I was looking at this book the other day - I love the pics! Let us know if you give it a whirl - I'd be interested know your impressions

Last edited:
Janet.. I have used this "Bible" many times it's a wealth of information.. You look up an ingrediente and it tells you what pairs with it..

Ofcourse it's fun to play around with various foods, but this book can send you to a whole other place if you're unsure..

For instance i'm unsure about this new taste called umami... It's what they call a meaty mouthfeel... My first thought portabellos,shitakkes, marrow...

I highly recommend this book for the enthusiastic cook...

Bon Appetit... :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I have the book, but haven't read it. It's in a pile (a very tall pile) of cookbooks that I'm getting around to reading!

I have the book, but haven't read it. It's in a pile (a very tall pile) of cookbooks that I'm getting around to reading!

I also have piles of cookbooks, but you must have bought this for a reason... Open a bottle of wine and indulge in the book, you will not be sorry... ;);)

Yep, I own it. Like Silversage it is in a stack with a bunch of other cook books. I have started working my way throught it though.

Back
Top Bottom