Food products that are "NEW" to you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to use these on a salad.

sprinkles-tomatoes.jpg

Lidl Feta and olive salad - not bad, but not sure if I'll get it again.

lidl_feta_olive_salad_091221_IMG_8613.jpg

The Lidl Beef flavored rice and vermicelli was excellent. As good or better than rice a roni. And it made a lot.

DD picked these up when we went to Trader Joe's. They are excellent. Reminds me of the vegetable tempura we would get at the Japanese steakhouse.

tj-bird-nest-jpg.51692

Found this at Trader Joe's. It says use 1 - 1 for vanilla extract. But the paste has sugar in it. It tastes pretty good. I will try it when I do a test run of mini cheesecake bites.

trader-joes-vanilla-bean-paste.jpg

Found these last week. I thought they needed a little more flavor, so I added some praline topping left over from Thanksgiving. I'll buy them again. So easy to make this side dish.

mini_sweet_potatoes_113023_1_IMG_2019.jpg

mini_sweet_potatoes_113023_2_IMG_2023.jpg

I did, but nope, can't find any around me.

I've been using a fair amount of BtB lately - honestly I still think the liquid of Bovril and Knorr much better. But BTB has more variety.
Even in hot water the paste of BTB took a lot of stirring to melt and incorporate. Also tricky measuring a tsp or so. Find liquid much easier to measure, no need to level nor scrape it, and as mentioned it dissolves much faster.
The BTB needs to be refrigerated after opening, not so the liquids.
Haven't calculated the costs yet.

Tried it taxy, they couldn't find anything near me. Very strange, would have thought they'd come up with something in Toronto at least.
But I also don't like their search engine, way too nosy.

I don't understand the attraction of going shopping at Trader Joes. It's a trip to a groccery store, not a pilgrimage to Mecca!

The first time I ever heard of Trader Joes was when I first moved to California in 1979. At that time they were advertised in tiny ads in the Classified section of the LA Times as Trader Joe and Pronto. All of a sudden they exploded as Trader Joes. I refused to shop there for many years, until they explained what they did with Pronto. Did he die, sell his share, did they take advantage of him because he was Native American, or did they just kick him to the curb like Sears did with Roebuck?

I don't understand the attraction of going shopping at Trader Joes. It's a trip to a groccery store, not a pilgrimage to Mecca!

The first time I ever heard of Trader Joes was when I first moved to California in 1979. At that time they were advertised in tiny ads in the Classified section of the LA Times as Trader Joe and Pronto. All of a sudden they exploded as Trader Joes. I refused to shop there for many years, until they explained what they did with Pronto. Did he die, sell his share, did they take advantage of him because he was Native American, or did they just kick him to the curb like Sears did with Roebuck?
So, which was it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom